Confirmed with Link: Artem Anisimov signs extension

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why get a rental when we aren't running for a cup next year? Next year will be spent developing young players, and getting them to fit into our system, as well as seeing who works out, and who doesn't.

This signing is great. We got Anisimov at a rough market value, and if it comes down to it, we could probably trade him quite easily; but Stan seems to like him, so he must have some merit.

We arnt running for the cup next year? In what world do you live in? Yes we are running for the cup next year just like we have been for the past 6 years, even 2011 we gave arguably the best team in the NHL a run for their money and almost took them out in 7 overtime, and who knows what would have happened then. Yes make no mistake the hawks can win the cup. And the reason why I didn't want him to be signed for that long or atleast wait and see how he gels is because that same reason is that I want the hawks to be contending for the cup very year and this signing could handicap the hawks cap issues even more. The logic in this board is so lopsided

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
What bothers me the most is that Stan is betting heavily on a player early with the assumption the value will be good once he shows his worth. WTF is this thinking when it comes to our own young players, such as Saad, and Leddy, when it's evident they will be core pieces and if you wait until the end of their entry deals you might let them price you out of your budget. I'd like to see him sign some of these players to 4-5 year deals a little earlier in the process, especially after they've shown something on YOUR team. I knew they should have extended Saad after last season as a contract FUBAR was bound to happen.

I hope he's right about this one, but he's very inconsistent when it comes to his extensions.

Two separate people have to sign the contract. In case you were confused by that revelation.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'm really not a fan of the contract. Too much term and I would've held off on an extension until we see how he actually fits in.

And if he fits in spledidly? Are you then prepared to increase that contract because he has proven his worth?

There is zero reason why AA won't fit in.

We gave Hossa a gazillion year contract without seeing how he fit.

The last time that Bowman said he's been stalking a player for some time and felt he could be a major contributor on the Hawks, he traded for and then signed Oduya, and we know how that went.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Anisimov's 5 vs 5 productivity will surprise most on this board. Keep in mind that he didn't have the best linemates most of the time.

2012-13...Highest goals/60 minutes and highest points/60 of CBJforwards:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+RW&f5=CBJ&f7=30-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

2013-14..second highest goals/60 min. and 4th highest points/60 among CBJ fowards:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+RW&f5=CBJ&f7=30-&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+17+18+19+20

2014-15....Was 6th in points/60 among forwards, but he had the torn triceps and a concussion.

He's an excellent PKer. Not very physical for his height.

Seems to me like he is regressing, ya let's sign him to a 5 year extension on top of the year he is signed to now and handicap this team in the future so we lose Shaw, Seabrook, Panarin, And TT, yes great idea Stan the man.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
And if he fits in spledidly? Are you then prepared to increase that contract because he has proven his worth?

The last time that Bowman said he's been stalking a player for some time and felt he could be a major contributor on the Hawks, he traded for and then signed Oduya, and we know how that went.

You can't seriously compare Anisimov and Marian freaking Hossa.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Seems to me like he is regressing, ya let's sign him to a 5 year extension on top of the year he is signed to now and handicap this team in the future so we lose Shaw, Seabrook, Panarin, And TT, yes great idea Stan the man.

Im not sure if regressing is fair, given the injuries and his changing role (went from 2C to 3C with emergence of Johansen as best as I can tell looking at stats). Although injuries is a reason to be worried as well. I think you are making a lot of assumptions on how good he will or wont be here. Obviously Stan is confident that he will be a great fit her. I'm no expert on his play, so I don't feel strongly one way or the other, although I too am wary of the 5 year term. But I give the benefit of the doubt to Stan.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I must agree, and what was the hurry to get this done? This contract has to be pegged as risky. If AA has another concussion his career may be over.

Stan obviously thinks that he can sign him cheaper now than he would be able to this time next year as a UFA. It is a gamble, agreed.

If his career is over he goes on LTIR and his contract doesn't matter, so I don't see why that would be a concern in terms of how it effects the ability to keep other players.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Stan obviously thinks that he can sign him cheaper now than he would be able to this time next year as a UFA. It is a gamble, agreed.

If his career is over he goes on LTIR and his contract doesn't matter, so I don't see why that would be a concern in terms of how it effects the ability to keep other players.

Well the problem is that he wont just go on LTIR and he is gone,he will end up playing like 50 games in every season and then end up getting injured in the playoffs especially when going deep, that will hurt the hawks.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

If you scroll down a bit further, I laid out why he had to sign him and I appreciate why he had to. Still looks like a potential headache down the road if it doesn't work out.

Is there any reason to think it won't work? I don't know. What if Panarin and Tikhonov flame out here, and he's the only Russian? What if, regardless of of everything, he just doesn't fit in with the group well?

Like I said, we all thought Vermette would be a perfect fit and it was anything but.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Well the problem is that he wont just go on LTIR and he is gone,he will end up playing like 50 games in every season and then end up getting injured in the playoffs especially when going deep, that will hurt the hawks.

So now you know when he will get hurt? Maybe he gets hurt just before the trade deadline like Kane and we get to add when we wouldn't have been able to. It feels like you are reaching. You don't like the deal, that's fair enough. I'm not a big fan of the term, but am intrigued by how he might fit here.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

While you're telling the future, how about passing along this week's lotto numbers?

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Is there any reason to think it won't work? I don't know. What if Panarin and Tikhonov flame out here, and he's the only Russian? What if, regardless of of everything, he just doesn't fit in with the group well?

At least you were correct about something.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

True enough, but I was thinking in these terms: if Hawks lose AA to long term, they are back to square one when it comes to our 2nd center situation. With Vermette and Richards gone, we once again become rather slim in (true) center depth.

It would be nice if he didn't have concussion history, but he does - and when I watch, that will be in the back of my mind .... Haven't seen him play much. but hopefully it's out of AA's mind and will not affect his play.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad