Confirmed with Link: Artem Anisimov PTO

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
In pretty much every sport, when a big-time coach takes over he often brings players who have had success with him along to help familiarize the rest of the team with his program.

Tortorella wanting to bring in Anisimov is good enough for me.
Good point.

Makes you wonder why he didn't bring back Brad Richards or Vincent Lecavalier...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
In pretty much every sport, when a big-time coach takes over he often brings players who have had success with him along to help familiarize the rest of the team with his program.

I take zero umbrage with you believing that has value. To me, that should be a coaching spot rather than a player, but neither side is completely unreasonable as long as that player isn't gifted a lineup spot by default.

Unfortunately, you came in here preaching and talking down to people when you don't understand the history involved with this regime. That's why you got a poor reception. We're skeptical because it fits a pattern.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

There is no amount of guidance he can give his teammates to compensate for his inability to play the sport at the level needed. It's all downside. He already has Atkinson here, and he's more up to date. If that's the reasoning in play, it's terrible and anyone responsible should be fired immediately.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There is no amount of guidance he can give his teammates to compensate for his inability to play the sport at the level needed. It's all downside. He already has Atkinson here, and he's more up to date. If that's the reasoning in play, it's terrible and anyone responsible should be fired immediately.

Beef, I completely forgot Atkinson existed. :laugh:

Yeah, it's even more bullshit than usual.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I take zero umbrage with you believing that has value. To me, that should be a coaching spot rather than a player, but neither side is completely unreasonable as long as that player isn't gifted a lineup spot by default.

Unfortunately, you came in here preaching and talking down to people when you don't understand the history involved with this regime. That's why you got a poor reception. We're skeptical because it fits a pattern.

Fair point. My tone was way off.

Sad thing is, after rooting AGAINST the Flyers all my life, I like their future a heckuva lot better than the Devils'.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Sad thing is, after rooting AGAINST the Flyers all my life, I like their future a heckuva lot better than the Devils'.

Oh no you really really shouldn't. This team has no future unless every person Bob Clarke has ever spoken to is fired. And that's years away from being accomplished.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think I speak for everyone when I say that @JojoTheWhale should have to apologize for being rude to our guest.

There's no place for rudeness or negativity on this board.

When you're wrong, you should admit it. I was wrong. I apologize.

My ire should only be directed toward Robert Clarke and Chaz Fletcher. May their socks always fall down and their pasta sauce not cling to their macaroni.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Absolutely not. A curse on them. May their haircuts always be slightly uneven.
I was trying to think of a good curse for them but then I realized they were going to watch 82 Flyers games this year and I’m not sure I can do any better than that.

I do agree with you that Clarke isn’t even a top 10 forward in franchise history though.

• Haha

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yeah, that's insane. The Flyers are barren and jammed up with junk
Many of the "experts" seem to agree with you.

But I am more confident in Carter Hart bouncing back and don't see the Devils having a goalie of that calibre in the system.

Defensively, the Devils are paying Hamilton as if he were Hedman or another Norris caliber defender (don't see it). Think Tortorella will get a lot more out of Risto, Sandheim, Provorov, DeAngelo and the like with better team play. New Jersey is still playing Severson top minutes.

Love Nico Hischier and maybe Palat but how much does he have in the tank. Rest of the Devils forwards are undersized and not all that concerned with playing both ends.

That stuff isn't going to fly in Philadelphia and I have a feeling some of the guys like Frost, Allison, Ratcliffe, Wisdom, Gauthier and some of the others are going to flourish.

Might be rough at times, but seems like there is a plan.

Can't see that in NJ.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

But I am more confident in Carter Hart bouncing back and don't see the Devils having a goalie of that calibre in the system.

Defensively, the Devils are paying Hamilton as if he were Hedman or another Norris caliber defender (don't see it). Think Tortorella will get a lot more out of Risto, Sandheim, Provorov, DeAngelo and the like with better team play. New Jersey is still playing Severson top minutes.

Love Nico Hischier and maybe Palat but how much does he have in the tank. Rest of the Devils forwards are undersized and not all that concerned with playing both ends.

That stuff isn't going to fly in Philadelphia and I have a feeling some of the guys like Frost, Allison, Ratcliffe, Wisdom, Gauthier and some of the others are going to flourish.

Can't see that in NJ.

Unless Hart figures out how to score goals or becomes better than Hasek, he kind of doesn't matter.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You seriously compared Anisimov to Chris Stewart?

Anisimov stinks. He was out of the league last year. Take a hike.

Can't see that in NJ.

So youre a Devils fan and you think the FLYERS are the team out of the two with a plan? I call bullshit. This is a burner account.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
AA injured..

bet he still gets a contract and roster spot over a more deserving youth

He was always getting a contract , it’s as close to a lock as there is. Tanner and Wade have no shot at this team no matter how they play.

Just listen to Torts press today. Admits he doesn’t talk to Couts. Won’t compliment any young players when asked. Goes out of his way to gush over Braun and Desloserier again.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad