MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1661274899652.png

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Sep 19, 2008

Not sure how they pay Trout and Ohtani so much and struggle to have such a low payroll. John Henry and the Red Sox think the Morenos don't spend enough.

@MMC

Sep 19, 2008
Ohtani has made 12 mil total in 5 years, Bob Nutting or even the A's could afford that much
somehow the contracts of rendon, trout and ohtani still are woefully low for a MLB franchise

and we were told Moreno likes to "spend money" lmao

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Not sure how they pay Trout and Ohtani so much and struggle to have such a low payroll. John Henry and the Red Sox think the Morenos don't spend enough.

@MMC

Because Arte doesn't let the GM spend on anyone other than his handpicked stars. Only reason we spent on Iglesias is because he was a proven fan favorite.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i don't think moreno's main issue is how much he spends, it's who he's spent money on

gary matthews jr, vernon wells, pujols, cj wilson, hamilton, upton, rendon

every one of those guys turned out to be a bust or in rendon's case, is looking like a bust so far. big contracts that busted, zero pitching, and a terrible farm system are the reason why the angels have been a disaster for over a decade now

Reactions: ru4reals

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Maybe if this happens the new owner will let his Baseball ops finally focus on building a well rounded team with depth instead of throwing bags of cash at a couple Stars and neglect the rest of the roster.

Angels fans ,do you think this will having a bearing on Othani future with the Halos if you get a new owner?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Maybe if this happens the new owner will let his Baseball ops finally focus on building a well rounded team with depth instead of throwing bags of cash at a couple Stars and neglect the rest of the roster.

Angels fans ,do you think this will having a bearing on Othani future with the Halos if you get a new owner?
I think Ohtani is outta here regardless of who the owner is

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I think Ohtani is outta here regardless of who the owner is
Yeah i feel the same. Hopefully he doesnt wind up on the Yanks. Though if they break the bank for Judge then im not so sure. They already have a monster contract for Cole and another for Stanton. If they sign Judge as well then getting Othani might be a fleeting dream . Though the Yanks definitely have money and arent shy about spending it.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
new ownership to seriously put into motion changing the name to Anaheim Angels it's in the best interest of the organization and fans to create it's own identity again

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

Does Arte qualify as one of the worst MLB owners? Just curious what people think.

I know John J Fisher has to be up there . I feel bad for good posters on this board like Clowe and Terry Yake who have to put up with that incompetent cheap skate.

Hmmm. Who else?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Does Arte qualify as one of the worst MLB owners? Just curious what people think.

I know John J Fisher has to be up there . I feel bad for good posters on this board like Clowe and Terry Yake who have to put up with that incompetent cheap skate.

Hmmm. Who else?
I'm a biased Angels fan but he's the worst IMO. Even with owners like teams like the Rays and A's have, they still allow smart baseball people to run their club, which is why they still are always a sneaky threat. When you have a moron like Arte who knows f*** all about baseball running the show, you have no shot.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Hmmm. Who else?

He's not great by any stretch but the fact he's willing to spend some money automatically elevates him above the absolute trash bin of owners like Nutting, Fisher, the douche that owns the Reds, Monfort and Sternberg.

Arte is probably still a bottom ten owner.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
The big question is... do they trade Ohtani before an ownership regime to clear the headache?

It doesn't matter who the new owner is, if Ohtani won't sign an extension before the end of the 2023 offseason, you HAVE to trade him.

So does the new owner want him to be traded NOW so he doesn't get crucified for taking over the team and immediately losing Ohtani, or can a deal be worked out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad