ArsMaster's Two Round Mock Draft

arsmaster*

Disclaimer: This is a mock draft NOT a ranking, I will be taking team/manager tendencies, team need and other factors (team need by my opinion) into account.

I also changed the order based on which teams have playoff positions today.

* I missed Duncan Siemens....should/could slot anywhere from Boston's pick beyond 8-20....shouldnt have been missed.

1.Edmonton-Adam Larsson, D
2.Ottawa-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C
3.Colorado-Gabriel Landeskog, LW
4.Islanders- Sean Couturier, C/LW
5.Florida-Ryan Strome,C
6.New Jersey-Douggie Hamilton, D
7.Atlanta-Jonathan Huberdeau,C
8.St Louis-Tyler Biggs,RW
9.Boston (via Toronto)-Ryan Murphy, D
10.Columbus-Brandon Saad, LW
11.Carolina-Matthew Puempel,LW
12.Anaheim-Sven Bartschi, LW
13.Ottawa (via Nashville)-Mika Zibanejad,C
14.Minnesota-Joel Armia,RW
15.Buffalo-Nicklas Jensen,LW
16.NY Rangers-Ty Rattie, RW
17.Edmonton (via Los Angeles)-Jamie Oleksiak, D
18.Calgary-Mark McNeil, C
19.Phoenix-Jonas Brodin, D
20.Dallas-Nathan Beaulieu,D
21.Chicago-Tomas Jurco,LW
22.Montreal-Scott Mayfield, D
23.Tampa Bay-David Musil,D
24.Washington-Joe Morrow,D
25.San Jose-Boone Jenner, RW
26.Toronto (via Boston)-JT Miller,LW
27.Pittsburgh-Dmitri Jaskin,LW
28.Detroit-Vladimir Namesnikov, C
29.Toronto (via Philly)-Seth Ambroz, RW
30.Vancouver-Oscar Klefbom,D

31.Edmonton-Mark Scheifele,C
32.Ottawa-Daniel Catenacci,C
33.Colorado-Lucas Lessio,RW
34.Islanders-Rocco Grimaldi,C
35.Florida-Victor Rask,C
36.Nashville (via New Jersey)-Zach Phillips,C
37.Chicago (via Atlanta)-Stefan Noesen, RW
38.St Louis-Miika Salomaki,LW
39.Toronto-Shane Prince,LW
40.Columbus-Brett Ritchie,LW
41.Carolina-Philip Danault,C
42.Anaheim-Matt Nieto,RW
43.Nashville-Max Friberg, RW
44.Boston (via Minnesota)-Colin Jacobs,C
45.St Louis (via Buffalo)-Nick Shore,RW
46.NY Rangers-Alexander Khoklachev,RW
47.Los Angeles-Shane McColgan,RW
48.Chicago (via Calgary)-Christopher Gibson, G
49.Phoenix-Michael St Croix,C
50.Dallas-Markus Granlund,C
51.Chicago-Adam Clendening,D
52.Florida (via Montreal)-Tyler Wotherspoon,D
53.Tampa Bay-Xavier Ouellet,D
54.NY Rangers (via Washington)-Michael Paliotta,D
55.San Jose-Myles Bell,D
56.Ottawa (via Boston)-Marcel Noebels,LW
57.Pittsburgh-Phillipe Hudon,C
58.Detroit-Jeremy Boyce-Roteval,LW
59.Phoenix (via Philly)-Vincent Trochek,C
60.Vancouver-Joseph Labate,C

It is hard to see who I missed or if I doubled up on some guys, I did it all in this post, no cut and paste so it was hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Quick look over and as Borat would say....

B-VeryNice.jpg

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Although I would have Khokhlachev alot higher. Noesen higher. Prince higher. Bell higher.

Jenner lower. Ambroz lower. Miller lower.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Very nice list. I hope Grimaldi will be available for the Isles in the second round.

I do believe the Isles have the Habs second round pick from the Wiz trade just so you know.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
I think for Edm if you switch the LA pick to McNeill it's bang on.

The Oilers desperately want to address the centre position. Interviews with the GM and head scout point to them wanting to address the lack of a big centre. McNeill and Scheifele would be perfect for them.

Otherwise great job

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Good job. Dunno if it effects your list but Ottawa will get the lowest of Chicago's 2nds.

Also, I don't think Puempel would have even gone that high even if he was healthy. One would think he's going to slip given his health.

EDIT: yep Siemens is a pretty glaring omission imo. Not sure if its intentional or not.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Curious as to why Saad is going to Columbus in like every mock. Not that impressed with him really.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Wow, yeah, didn't even notice Siemens missing. And I'm one of his biggest fans haha.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
I would prefer to see Toronto draft Schiefele then Ambroz with that pick, we could use another center more so then two wingers.

Jul 4, 2010
Love both of the Penguins picks, Jaskin and Hudon would be awesome! I don't see it though Shero hasn't drafted a Euro in the 1st round since he got the Pens job. Hope that changes though!

arsmaster*

Devastated that i missed Siemens, he is actually one of my favourite prospects for this draft - top 10 on my ranking.

That throws everything off now. I had him going to Anaheim and took him off thinking Bartschi fit better there.

Maybe to Anaheim,Boston,Columbus, are all possibilities and IMO he is easily BPA after 18, it would come down to preference in this mock.

Annoyed that I spent that much time on the mock and missed Siemens.

Latex*

Markus Granlund should not be in the top 100 and you're bit too high on Salomäki aswell. Small, slowish grinders tend not to be too sexy come the draft day.

Leafsfan64

Nov 20, 2010
Don't like the 1st round selections on Toronto's behalf. I would have chosen Scheifele and Catenacci

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
from all the posts i have seen from edmonton fans if McNeill is on board and we dont take him with the 17th pick hfoil is gonna loose their ****

arsmaster*

Although I would have Khokhlachev alot higher. Noesen higher. Prince higher. Bell higher.

Jenner lower. Ambroz lower. Miller lower.
NOt a ranking. If it was I agree with a some of your views....especially Khokhlachev and Noesen (reminds me of a Chris Brown....or even a non-fighting Kyle Clifford).

I think for Edm if you switch the LA pick to McNeill it's bang on.

The Oilers desperately want to address the centre position. Interviews with the GM and head scout point to them wanting to address the lack of a big centre. McNeill and Scheifele would be perfect for them.

Otherwise great job
Thanks.

Good job. Dunno if it effects your list but Ottawa will get the lowest of Chicago's 2nds.

Also, I don't think Puempel would have even gone that high even if he was healthy. One would think he's going to slip given his health.

EDIT: yep Siemens is a pretty glaring omission imo. Not sure if its intentional or not.
Kids who can score like Matty Puempel go high....see Jeff Skinner. I take Puempel in my personal top 10.

Curious as to why Saad is going to Columbus in like every mock. Not that impressed with him really.
I dont know why...just see him as a good player who can score...American born,...I dont really know why I made that selection other than I like his skill and he is a decent player....just fits to me, especially moving forward with Johanson and Calvert.

I would prefer to see Toronto draft Schiefele then Ambroz with that pick, we could use another center more so then two wingers.
Schiefele seems an awful lot like Joe Colborne...I dont know. I think Ambroz provides the 'truculence and pugnacity', and Miller has drawn favourable comparisons to Ryan Kesler....a player that Burke and Nonis drafted and think very highly of....those are my reasons for those picks.

Markus Granlund should not be in the top 100 and you're bit too high on Salomäki aswell. Small, slowish grinders tend not to be too sexy come the draft day.
I will admit you probably know more about Finn's than I do, I just see Granlund rising....he isnt in my top 60, I just see a team like Dallas taking him there. Salomaki seems like a player...if not a top 6, a servicable Ville Niemenen type....who knows?

Don't like the 1st round selections on Toronto's behalf. I would have chosen Scheifele and Catenacci
Is this just because of the concerns at the center ice position, or because they are the best available players???

Like, but I don't see Florida also picking a center at #35, probably a winger.

Tallon will build down the middle IMO....other prospects he has listed as Centers seem more like PRO wingers to me (Howden and Macfarland and Brickley just from last years draft).

Bjugstad and Rask are solid starts down the middle IMO.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
No way jurco goes before phillips, Ive watched them 17 times this year and not close. Phillips somewhere around 20, jurco much later.
Huberdeau/beaulieau well done there

arsmaster*

No way jurco goes before phillips, Ive watched them 17 times this year and not close. Phillips somewhere around 20, jurco much later.
Huberdeau/beaulieau well done there

I have both Huberdeau and Beaulieu higher on my rankings....Jurco Im not a huge fan of....think he should be an early 2nd.

Phillips I worry about his footspeed.....look forward to seeing them in the Memorial Cup....its too bad its not in the WHL this year.....I would love to see Saskatoon, Portland, St John and Ottawa in the battle...not meant to knock Missasauga, but I dont like their playing style.

I see Beaulieu as the 3rd or 4th best defensman available.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Alot of people miss out on this. There will be 61 picks in rounds 1 and 2 due to the compensary pick given to MTL for not signing David Fischer. FAIIL

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Alot of people miss out on this. There will be 61 picks in rounds 1 and 2 due to the compensary pick given to MTL for not signing David Fischer. FAIIL

Not my mock draft, but I think I speak for a lot of posters when I say this:

Who cares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad