Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Laval Rocket (2019, 170th)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That was a half decent article by Gagnon. He forgets to mention one little thing though. Only 18 Q players were selected in this weekend's draft. Maybe reporters shouldn't be addressing asinine questions to TT but rather accusatory ones to the people in charge of hockey development in Quebec. And there was one very telling sentence in Gagnon's article:

"Peu importe qu’il soit Américain, Russe, Finlandais, Suédois ou Québécois francophone."

If we're to take Gagnon at his word then ethnicity is another factor that needs to be considered. It doesn't matter that the Habs got two francophones in the draft. One wasn't from the right province and both were taken too late. I wonder what the rreaction would have been if the Habs had selected 4 Q players but they were either European imports or damn anglos. I'd love to read those articles. So if ethnicity matters then we have to revise that number of 18 Q players selected in 2019 draft because 5 were European imports and two were Anglophone players. That means the Q produced only 11 francophone players good enough to be drafted.

Leroux and other reporters should go and drill hockey coaches in Quebec instead of the head scout for the Habs. It's quite obvious elite Quebec Francophone athletes are either not taking up hockey or if they are they are not being developed properly by our local coaches. The Q should send investigators to the Western provinces, Ontario, the states, Finland and Sweden and see what they are doing right and what Quebec is doing wrong. Asking TT why he didn't draft more Quebec francophones is one of the things they're doing wrong.
Brilliant post!!.......like this has got to be my favourite post in ages!!

Tien TABARNAK.......prend ça RDS et TVA

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Reactions: Oryxo and jaffy27

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
That was a half decent article by Gagnon. He forgets to mention one little thing though. Only 18 Q players were selected in this weekend's draft. Maybe reporters shouldn't be addressing asinine questions to TT but rather accusatory ones to the people in charge of hockey development in Quebec. And there was one very telling sentence in Gagnon's article:

"Peu importe qu’il soit Américain, Russe, Finlandais, Suédois ou Québécois francophone."

If we're to take Gagnon at his word then ethnicity is another factor that needs to be considered. It doesn't matter that the Habs got two francophones in the draft. One wasn't from the right province and both were taken too late. I wonder what the rreaction would have been if the Habs had selected 4 Q players but they were either European imports or damn anglos. I'd love to read those articles. So if ethnicity matters then we have to revise that number of 18 Q players selected in 2019 draft because 5 were European imports and two were Anglophone players. That means the Q produced only 11 francophone players good enough to be drafted.

Leroux and other reporters should go and drill hockey coaches in Quebec instead of the head scout for the Habs. It's quite obvious elite Quebec Francophone athletes are either not taking up hockey or if they are they are not being developed properly by our local coaches. The Q should send investigators to the Western provinces, Ontario, the states, Finland and Sweden and see what they are doing right and what Quebec is doing wrong. Asking TT why he didn't draft more Quebec francophones is one of the things they're doing wrong.
You are spot on my friend. The main issue is, and has been, player development in Quebec for way too long. The amount of politics involved in minor hockey in our province is outrageous and if you don't have enough money, your kid has no chance, regardless of his talent level. I personally know someone who downgraded his house, to afford to pay for his child's hockey - that is unacceptable.

Hockey is huge in Quebec and our system is corrupt, I've witnessed and have been a victim of it in the past and now, it's worse than ever. They purposely add levels above AA and charge parents astronomical amounts of money to allow their children to play. It's too bad because the talent is there, it's just not being developed properly, mostly because of money.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You are spot on my friend. The main issue is, and has been, player development in Quebec for way too long. The amount of politics involved in minor hockey in our province is outrageous and if you don't have enough money, your kid has no chance, regardless of his talent level. I personally know someone who downgraded his house, to afford to pay for his child's hockey - that is unacceptable.

Hockey is huge in Quebec and our system is corrupt, I've witnessed and have been a victim of it in the past and now, it's worse than ever. They purposely add levels above AA and charge parents astronomical amounts of money to allow their children to play. It's too bad because the talent is there, it's just not being developed properly, mostly because of money.

It doesn't take great inside knowledge to realize something stinks in Quebec hockey. When I was growing up the Habs were literally the flying Frenchmen. It was a team made up of mostly Francophone players and the league had many other French Canadian stars playing on other teams. Up until the 90s Quebec was still a force in hockey. But ever since then the number of young kids getting drafted from this province has declined and declined badly. And it's not because TT doesn't draft francophones that Quebec has fallen to the level of Slovakia and Switzerland and if it continues to the level of Poland and Austria. It's because Hockey Quebec is failing Quebecois hockey players......plain and simple. These moronic, bigoted reporters should learn to do their job and report on what has happened and is happening to amateur hockey in this province.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So I watched my first full game of Khisamutdinov, it's hard to gauge since he was a 20 year old playing in juniors, he has the size, skating, speed, seemed to have some good offensive skills as he had a nice shot on goal from in close. Didn't like that he was coasting a lot of the time but we'll see now he's going to be in the KHL full time.

He had 39 pims in the game, got 27 in the last minute of the game when he gave a cheap shot to a player scoring with their goalie pulled. The kid put the puck in the net and Khisamutdinov took 2 or 3 strides and then pushed him into the boards. He got 2 and 10 for a check to the head, it wasn't that bad though.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So I watched my first full game of Khisamutdinov, it's hard to gauge since he was a 20 year old playing in juniors, he has the size, skating, speed, seemed to have some good offensive skills as he had a nice shot on goal from in close. Didn't like that he was coasting a lot of the time but we'll see now he's going to be in the KHL full time.

He had 39 pims in the game, got 27 in the last minute of the game when he gave a cheap shot to a player scoring with their goalie pulled. The kid put the puck in the net and Khisamutdinov took 2 or 3 strides and then pushed him into the boards. He got 2 and 10 for a check to the head, it wasn't that bad though.

I thought skating was an issue for him, no?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought skating was an issue for him, no?

no it's not a problem for him. I would need to talk to some Russian poster that follow the league as I don't get why he was still in juniors. He crushed the league at 19 and 20, 100 games 118 pts. There's stats on him going back to his age 10 season, lol, but when you look at them he's produced everywhere except his age 18 season in his first full one in the MHL. Don't know what happened there as he had only 23 pts in 51 games and then at 19 he has 23 goals and 63 pts so I'm a bit surprised he wasn't a 7th rounder last year but no international exposure and being Russian likely didn't help matters, plus the struggles at 18 and at 17 he was split between the MHL and a Russian U-19 league where he did well so they moved him up but he didn't produce.

but check for yourself and see what you think, I have been posting vids of full games of most of the draft picks,

Prospect Info: - Prospect Vids (2019 Draft)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

What do you mean "purposely add levels above AA" ?????

That is called AAA and it is expensive everywhere in Canada. The most expensive AAA hockey is in Toronto in the GTHL.

There are scumbags in every AAA league in Canada looking to prey upon the parents, it is far from being a Quebec problem. The fact is that if a kid is an elite AAA player they will find a way to get him on the team. These deals are made all of the time.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
What do you mean "purposely add levels above AA" ?????

That is called AAA and it is expensive everywhere in Canada. The most expensive AAA hockey is in Toronto in the GTHL.

There are scumbags in every AAA league in Canada looking to prey upon the parents, it is far from being a Quebec problem. The fact is that if a kid is an elite AAA player they will find a way to get him on the team. These deals are made all of the time.
What I mean is that they create leagues "above" AA and charge parents more money to play (camps, training programs, travelling, etc.) when in reality, it's the same as AA was back when I played. They will also have summer programs that players must participate in to have a chance to make the team during winter, parents know this.

My parents were able to pay for my brother and I to pay for double letter hockey, and AAA summer leagues (these were optional at the time and wouldn't affect were you'd play in the winter) with only one income, no way that would be possible today. I mentioned it in my previous post but I do know someone who downgraded his home and sold his boat to pay for his son's hockey; the total amount paid per season is easily in the 5 digits - this is horrible for player development.

Anywho, enough with the thread sidetracking lol. Arsen Khisamutdinov looks pretty good :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
KHL site says, he's signed through 2020. The sites English version doesn't have anything about this, but Russian version says, he has a contract till 2020.

Timmins apparently also confirmed that he’s coming over after next season. Interesting pick.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So Patrik has given Romanov the nickname The Tsar. And looks like Khisamutdinov will be nicknamed The Firestarter (because his name is Arsen (as is arson) for anyone who may not get it).

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Stay on topic and use the report function instead of posting in the thread asking mods to do something.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If my Russian is good, Khisamutdinov is playing 2RW in his team's second preseason game, which is played against Jokerit (Niemi's KHL team).

I believe he's wearing #89.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Niznekamsk lost 2-1 in the shootout to Salavat Ufa in a preseason game. Khisamutdinov had an assist in the one goal. He also took one penalty shot in the shootouts and missed.

It's his first point of the preseason.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Niznekamsk lost 2-1 in the shootout to Salavat Ufa in a preseason game. Khisamutdinov had an assist in the one goal. He also took one penalty shot in the shootouts and missed.

It's his first point of the preseason.

I watched some of the game, couldn't stay up past the 1st but he was moving well out there. Good speed and worked hard on the forecheck. I don't know where it was but holy cow was it dead in there. I mean like I doubt there were more then 20 people there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad