Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk (2019, 170th)

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Treb, Jun 22, 2019.

1. jaffy27

jaffy27 From Russia wth Pain

Airline Pilot
    Brilliant post!!.......like this has got to be my favourite post in ages!!

Tien TABARNAK.......prend ça RDS et TVA

2. admiralcadillac

admiralcadillac Registered User

These articles regurgitating idiots’ comments on social media are all the rage and yet utterly devoid of reflection. You’re a sports journalist stop caring about what people on the internet post and come up with your own content.

Oryxo and jaffy27 like this.
  3. Canadiens Ghost

Canadiens Ghost Mr. Objectivity

His name seems pretty easy to pronounce as far as I'm concerned: Kiss a mutt dinoff.

chapeau and ArtPeur like this.
  4. Mike Mike Caron

Mike Mike Caron Registered User

Le gentleman cambrioleur de mon coeur.

Aspirine likes this.
  5. Favster

Favster Registered User

Dentist
    You are spot on my friend. The main issue is, and has been, player development in Quebec for way too long. The amount of politics involved in minor hockey in our province is outrageous and if you don't have enough money, your kid has no chance, regardless of his talent level. I personally know someone who downgraded his house, to afford to pay for his child's hockey - that is unacceptable.

Hockey is huge in Quebec and our system is corrupt, I've witnessed and have been a victim of it in the past and now, it's worse than ever. They purposely add levels above AA and charge parents astronomical amounts of money to allow their children to play. It's too bad because the talent is there, it's just not being developed properly, mostly because of money.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  6. Habs Icing

Habs Icing Formerly Onice

Filmmaker
    It doesn't take great inside knowledge to realize something stinks in Quebec hockey. When I was growing up the Habs were literally the flying Frenchmen. It was a team made up of mostly Francophone players and the league had many other French Canadian stars playing on other teams. Up until the 90s Quebec was still a force in hockey. But ever since then the number of young kids getting drafted from this province has declined and declined badly. And it's not because TT doesn't draft francophones that Quebec has fallen to the level of Slovakia and Switzerland and if it continues to the level of Poland and Austria. It's because Hockey Quebec is failing Quebecois hockey players......plain and simple. These moronic, bigoted reporters should learn to do their job and report on what has happened and is happening to amateur hockey in this province.

7. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

So I watched my first full game of Khisamutdinov, it's hard to gauge since he was a 20 year old playing in juniors, he has the size, skating, speed, seemed to have some good offensive skills as he had a nice shot on goal from in close. Didn't like that he was coasting a lot of the time but we'll see now he's going to be in the KHL full time.

He had 39 pims in the game, got 27 in the last minute of the game when he gave a cheap shot to a player scoring with their goalie pulled. The kid put the puck in the net and Khisamutdinov took 2 or 3 strides and then pushed him into the boards. He got 2 and 10 for a check to the head, it wasn't that bad though.

8. dackelljuneaubulis02

dackelljuneaubulis02 Registered User

I thought skating was an issue for him, no?

9. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

no it's not a problem for him. I would need to talk to some Russian poster that follow the league as I don't get why he was still in juniors. He crushed the league at 19 and 20, 100 games 118 pts. There's stats on him going back to his age 10 season, lol, but when you look at them he's produced everywhere except his age 18 season in his first full one in the MHL. Don't know what happened there as he had only 23 pts in 51 games and then at 19 he has 23 goals and 63 pts so I'm a bit surprised he wasn't a 7th rounder last year but no international exposure and being Russian likely didn't help matters, plus the struggles at 18 and at 17 he was split between the MHL and a Russian U-19 league where he did well so they moved him up but he didn't produce.

but check for yourself and see what you think, I have been posting vids of full games of most of the draft picks,

Prospect Info: - Prospect Vids (2019 Draft)

10. Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet Registered User

What do you mean "purposely add levels above AA" ?????

That is called AAA and it is expensive everywhere in Canada. The most expensive AAA hockey is in Toronto in the GTHL.

There are scumbags in every AAA league in Canada looking to prey upon the parents, it is far from being a Quebec problem. The fact is that if a kid is an elite AAA player they will find a way to get him on the team. These deals are made all of the time.

11. DangerDave

DangerDave Mete's Shot

Wow what a name.

angusyoung likes this.
  12. Favster

Favster Registered User

Dentist
    What I mean is that they create leagues "above" AA and charge parents more money to play (camps, training programs, travelling, etc.) when in reality, it's the same as AA was back when I played. They will also have summer programs that players must participate in to have a chance to make the team during winter, parents know this.

My parents were able to pay for my brother and I to pay for double letter hockey, and AAA summer leagues (these were optional at the time and wouldn't affect were you'd play in the winter) with only one income, no way that would be possible today. I mentioned it in my previous post but I do know someone who downgraded his home and sold his boat to pay for his son's hockey; the total amount paid per season is easily in the 5 digits - this is horrible for player development.

Anywho, enough with the thread sidetracking lol. Arsen Khisamutdinov looks pretty good :laugh:

Aspirine and Tim Wallach like this.
  13. Mike Mike Caron

Mike Mike Caron Registered User

I hope he makes it so I can call him le gentleman cambrioleur.

Kaperi Spacey and overlords like this.
  14. FF de Mars

FF de Mars Registered User

poet
    The arsonist!

15. Kotkaniemi15

Kotkaniemi15 Registered User

I feel like his teammates will just call him AK or something like that.

16. Mrb1p

Mrb1p PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Hockey players have the stupidest nicknames. I can already hear Kusimutdi-beaut

17. Runner77

Runner77 **********************************************

Timmins apparently also confirmed that he’s coming over after next season. Interesting pick.

18. sharknado

sharknado Registered User

I think it is pronounsed like "Arsen Khisamutdinov, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk" :D

19. Walrus26

Walrus26 Registered User

Smart move drafting a Russian who will be able to come over to MTL to be Romanov's buddy next year.

20. Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels Registered User

So Patrik has given Romanov the nickname The Tsar. And looks like Khisamutdinov will be nicknamed The Firestarter (because his name is Arsen (as is arson) for anyone who may not get it).

Tomas Tatahhh likes this.
  21. Treb

Treb Moderator

Stay on topic and use the report function instead of posting in the thread asking mods to do something.

22. Adam Michaels

If my Russian is good, Khisamutdinov is playing 2RW in his team's second preseason game, which is played against Jokerit (Niemi's KHL team).

I believe he's wearing #89.

23. Adam Michaels

Niznekamsk lost 2-1 in the shootout to Salavat Ufa in a preseason game. Khisamutdinov had an assist in the one goal. He also took one penalty shot in the shootouts and missed.

It's his first point of the preseason.

24. Adam Michaels

Khisamutdinov had one assist today in a 2-1 shootout loss in a preseason game against Saravat Ufa. He also took one penalty shot in the shootout, but missed.

Acadien86, FazChenyuk and TheDogCerby like this.
  25. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

I watched some of the game, couldn't stay up past the 1st but he was moving well out there. Good speed and worked hard on the forecheck. I don't know where it was but holy cow was it dead in there. I mean like I doubt there were more then 20 people there.