Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Laval Rocket (2019, 170th)

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Hi there, I wanted to know a bit more about this enigmatic player: Arsen Khisamutdinov and the league he plays in: the VHL. Does the caliber of the league is comparable with the AHL? Also, he seems to have as many points as other players who've played between 35-50 games. It's his last contract year with CSK VVS Samara; do you see him making the move to the AHL? Finally, what Arsen needs to improve to impress in the AHL?

Regards,

sYvhfyY.jpg

VHL is no way near the caliber of the AHL or any major euro pro league. Games there are painfully slow and low IQ.

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Does the caliber of the league is comparable with the AHL? Also, he seems to have as many points as other players who've played between 35-50 games. It's his last contract year with CSK VVS Samara; do you see him making the move to the AHL? Finally, what Arsen needs to improve to impress in the AHL?

I have only seen a few VHL games but I wouldn't compare it to the AHL, more likely ECHL or lower I'd guess.

We'll have to see if they plan on bringing him over or not, MB said that was the plan at the draft but we don't know if that's still the plan.

it's hard to say what he needs to work on, when I watched in the KHL he didn't play much and when I watched him in the VHL he was able to dominate physically. He's a big time shooter as he will shoot from anywhere and he will generate a number of shots but he needs to work on getting more pucks into the net instead of just on net.

Reactions: JAVO16 and Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Same here. Though with all the hype around him lately, I’m keeping my expectations low and hope he surpasses them.

I don't see much hype, if he ends up around what Avtsin was for us, hopefully a bit better. He's interesting because he's a big body that loves to shoot the puck and will use his frame. But with him not playing a ton in terms of TOI in the KHL, it's hard to say just what he is. I think if he were in the ECHL he would do very well there but we'll have to see what role he's put in Laval assuming he makes it and that there's a season to play.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Khisamutdinov gonna participate to the Ice Viking's Hockey Camp. His trainer (specialized from the Ice Hockey Master of Sports) is a champion of Russia. The program it's about individual hockey training/process and education/psychology.

upload_2020-7-25_11-36-38.png

Reactions: Adam Michaels

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
KHL is AHL. Cases in point....Linden Vey....or Peter Holland.....or Jordan Schroeder......or Corban Knight.....or whatever

LINDEN VEY
2016-17
3.png
Calgary Flames
NHL40000-2|
6.png
Stockton Heat
AHL61154055400|Playoffs54152-4
2017-18
36.png
Barys Astana
KHL50173552641|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PETER HOLLAND
2018-19
6.png
Hartford Wolf Pack “A”
AHL5220294950-8|
2019-20
9.png
Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
KHL6017264310-2|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
JORDAN SCHROEDER
2018-19
6.png
Rockford IceHogs “A”
AHL6219264510-6|
2019-20
9.png
Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
KHL6019224118-3|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CORBAN KNIGHT
2017-18
6.png
Lehigh Valley Phantoms “A”
AHL581423372020|
2019-20
36.png
Barys Nur-Sultan
KHL60202040125|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The KHL is better than the AHL. There's no player like Tarasenko playing 6 seasons in the AHL or players like Radulov playing 8 seasons. Goalies are better too. On average the skills level is similar because there's too many teams but a young dman playing in the AHL will pretty much never face players of Tarasenko's or Radulov's quality those guys rarely stay in the AHL more than a few games.

KHL is somewhere between the AHL and the NHL.

Reactions: Acadien86

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The KHL is better than the AHL. There's no player like Tarasenko playing 6 seasons in the AHL or players like Radulov playing 8 seasons. Goalies are better too. On average the skills level is similar because there's too many teams but a young dman playing in the AHL will pretty much never face players of Tarasenko's or Radulov's quality those guys rarely stay in the AHL more than a few games.

Thing is a yuongster will not face Radulov or Tarasenko. Romanov looks better in the NHL than the KHL. Why is that? Is it because the KHL is also better than the NHL? Or Is it because in the KHL, they play kids 3 to 5 minutes?

Sure, the KHL is surely better than the AHL. But in no way will you convince me that you can better develop over there compared to the AHL.

In the end, when older, as I prove that with my table, players will have around the same stats in the AHL than the KHL. And AK at 22, was not able to do something offensively in the KHL.

Having said all of that....I like what I,m seeing from him. Remains to be seen if he'll develop and explode. He does seem to have some untapped potential. Thing is..often, those guys with untapped potential.....it stays untapped.

Reactions: Fenris

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

This is all true but the KHL is much closer to the AHL than the NHL. There are only a handful of KHL players at most that could play meaningful minutes in the NHL.

It should also be pointed out that while the AHL may have slightly lower overall skill, it is a faster paced more physical game than the KHL. The AHL is a superior transition league to the NHL due to North American size ice surfaces and NHL style gameplay and systems.

The KHL is a strong league but it is not a league that you want prospects growing in due to the reasons that I listed as well as the fact that KHL teams often employ petty tactics to screw over NHL bound prospects.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I was wondering about this guy. He has nice size but was drafted as an overage player if I recall. Seemed to come out of nowhere to even be drafted.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was wondering about this guy. He has nice size but was drafted as an overage player if I recall. Seemed to come out of nowhere to even be drafted.

I assume they took a flyer on him based on his hot streak in the KHL with 5 pts in 9 games hoping that a big body that likes to shoot the puck would be worth the gamble. I don't have an issue with the pick at 170th OA.

Reactions: beowulf and yianik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->