Prospect Info: Arsen Khisamutdinov, Laval Rocket (2019, 170th)

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing

Sounds like he blames Bergevin for the trading down of 2nd. Also sounds like they were taking LHD no matter who was there in 2nd and 3rd. :huh:

who's the idiot suggesting Timmins should have drafted a quebecer in the 3rd round towards the end of the vid? what a f***ing embarrassment of a journalist, bet you he hasn't watched a single second of any single prospect.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
who's the idiot suggesting Timmins should have drafted a quebecer in the 3rd round towards the end of the vid? what a ****ing embarrassment of a journalist, bet you he hasn't watched a single second of any single prospect.
Stephane Leroux, went on to write his yearly article about how the habs ignore Q talent later as well. Nothing new.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
who's the idiot suggesting Timmins should have drafted a quebecer in the 3rd round towards the end of the vid? what a ****ing embarrassment of a journalist, bet you he hasn't watched a single second of any single prospect.
Ha, you should read Leroux’s piece on RDS website.....pretty much crying a river with the lack of Quebec born players, then someone in the comments section suggesting he should be a GM or director of scouting or something to that effect.....and I was like......:laugh:

When will they banish these clowns from media. I’d challenge that moron on the spot and embarrass him

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This is a weird one because he's already 21.. MHL stats are hard to judge, but 5 pts in 9 games in the KHL at 21 is nothing to sneeze at. Really really intriguing and off the wall pick.
Hey you whoever invaded WTK's body, give him back to us. This is not a post the normal WTK would make about a Habs lower draft pick

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I still have no idea how go pronounce Scrabble's name, but given the 5 points in 9 KHL games. The size and the reasoning, I'm way less annoyed with this pick and I wasnt even all that annoyed to begin with.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I watched him last year, but didn't take notice. A lot of players on his team were high skill. I'll try to catch some games. I dont mind when teams try for talent like that and both his MHL and KHL production have been good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Timmins knows these questions are coming, but you can still see that he's annoyed with that question. I think it was a question about not picking Légaré at 64 when he was available and instead they picked Norlinder. "I told you why." :laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ha, you should read Leroux’s piece on RDS website.....pretty much crying a river with the lack of Quebec born players, then someone in the comments section suggesting he should be a GM or director of scouting or something to that effect.....and I was like......:laugh:

When will they banish these clowns from media. I’d challenge that moron on the spot and embarrass him

When I'm aggreeing with François Gagnon, you know there is something wrong https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/trevor-timmins-mission-impossible-1.6832869 :laugh:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Perhaps I'm wrong, it did seem like his voice to me. And he also has been harping about it all week end.
Actually I'm wrong, there's a longer version where Leroux asks him why he didn't draft Légaré at 64, and Timmins seemed annoyed having explained about three times before that they were drafting for need. I thought that's what was being referred to.

Begins at 1:45

Personally, I wanted Légaré as well with #64, but I guess they felt the need to fill the LD pool.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Does that mean he's a UFA for those not wondering?

He is a Habs prospect and they will have his rights for multiple years as he's drafted out of Europe. CapFriendly has the Habs owning his rights as "Indefinite." I'm guessing that's temporary as they may update it when they get more info?

Timmins said he will be in KHL this year and most probably cross over to North America after that.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He is a Habs prospect and they will have his rights for multiple years as he's drafted out of Europe. CapFriendly has the Habs owning his rights as "Indefinite." I'm guessing that's temporary as they may update it when they get more info?

Timmins said he will be in KHL this year and most probably cross over to North America after that.
Lol......I made a lame joke and you took my post seriously. I don't know whether to laugh or cry....lol

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lol......I made a lame joke and you took my post seriously. I don't know whether to laugh or cry....lol

Me:

giphy (2).gif

Reactions: Fenris and jaffy27

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
When I'm aggreeing with François Gagnon, you know there is something wrong https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/trevor-timmins-mission-impossible-1.6832869 :laugh:

That was a half decent article by Gagnon. He forgets to mention one little thing though. Only 18 Q players were selected in this weekend's draft. Maybe reporters shouldn't be addressing asinine questions to TT but rather accusatory ones to the people in charge of hockey development in Quebec. And there was one very telling sentence in Gagnon's article:

"Peu importe qu’il soit Américain, Russe, Finlandais, Suédois ou Québécois francophone."

If we're to take Gagnon at his word then ethnicity is another factor that needs to be considered. It doesn't matter that the Habs got two francophones in the draft. One wasn't from the right province and both were taken too late. I wonder what the rreaction would have been if the Habs had selected 4 Q players but they were either European imports or damn anglos. I'd love to read those articles. So if ethnicity matters then we have to revise that number of 18 Q players selected in 2019 draft because 5 were European imports and two were Anglophone players. That means the Q produced only 11 francophone players good enough to be drafted.

Leroux and other reporters should go and drill hockey coaches in Quebec instead of the head scout for the Habs. It's quite obvious elite Quebec Francophone athletes are either not taking up hockey or if they are they are not being developed properly by our local coaches. The Q should send investigators to the Western provinces, Ontario, the states, Finland and Sweden and see what they are doing right and what Quebec is doing wrong. Asking TT why he didn't draft more Quebec francophones is one of the things they're doing wrong.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad