Around the NHL XXXVIII: Nope, still eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I really hate these stupid questions they ask.

"how important was it for you guys to get game 1?"

Well ugh, gee. We always had the mentality that we should lose game 1, maybe even game 2 and then try to win our games at home to make it interesting, ya know?

:facepalm:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
Meh... pulling for the Isles here. Can't stand TB and their punchmeintheface coach, and no f-in way I'm rooting for a Florida team over a NY team.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I'll take back as a piece Colin Wilson in a Rick Nash trade...

He sucked this year but was excellent last year before Girardi derailed his season with that big hit that screwed his shoulder up.

Showing up big in the playoffs though, and god knows we need more of that.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Same here except for the trying part.

LOL, made me laugh.
I get it totally.
But I don't have to live around Isles fans. I guess my dislike of TB is strong enough too. I want to see Bishop continuously exposed by the quick movements of the Isles, black vulcanized rubber disks flying past him often.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
I try, I really TRY to root for the Isles but I just can't do it.

Half my family from Queens/LI, half the Bronx.. so we had the "friendly rivalry" thing when I grew up and I'd go see both teams play in the 70s and 80s. Hard not to at least admire the Islanders Cup teams. Also, felt like I was being groomed to be a life-long NYR fan early when I watched us draft Duguay and Deblois ahead of the NYI snagging Bossy, and then watching Bossy's prolific career. 30 years later I'm like, "Did we seriously just pick a goalie with the 6th ****ing overall pick?!?" Life as a NYR fan

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
LOL, made me laugh.
I get it totally.
But I don't have to live around Isles fans. I guess my dislike of TB is strong enough too. I want to see Bishop continuously exposed by the quick movements of the Isles, black vulcanized rubber disks flying past him often.

Yeah, I hate NYI, but I don't mind if they do good.... Just not SC Champions good. Doesn't make sense, but that's how it works for some reason.

I was at the game tonight. Props to the Islanders fans showing up. Wasn't to the extreme of the Rangers fans when they play down here, but they were visible.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
He's a good RS coach but his teams seem to fall apart every post-season. If you haven't noticed.

Aah, then not so sure how good he is. The Capitals basically got whatever level of success they had through sheer offensive talent. He never could get them to smarten up in the playoffs cuz they didn't even know what that was. Trotz has an effect, while offense is still good.
I guess I am saying the same thing as you are. My conclusion is why would a top threat team even want him?

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
If you live in the NY metro area, I would be SHOCKED.

Regardless of my feelings towards the Islanders, my strong desire to punch Jon Cooper in the face on its own dictates my want to see TB lose. But right now I split my time between a house in Vegas and one in Asia, but born and raised in the Bronx, followed by about 15 years in Westchester. I'm a NYC kid through and through. :cheers:

Jun 16, 2015
Did Ovie and Crosby see each other in a playoff match-up?

edit: yes, They did in 2009.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
There's still a boatload of time left, just realized.
I don't care a single iota who wins this.

It doesn't even seem like Doc wants to be there :laugh:

I haven't been this disinterested in a series in a while. Two teams I dont care for in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad