Around the NHL XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
He's been amazing almost every night. Hughes is good but doesn't control the play at that level.

I actually think it's been the opposite so far. Hughes has shown way more poise and creativity thus far. Not that Makar has been bad but Hughes has been playing his game a lot more than Makar has been able to play his game.

Both insane talents though. Either could win the calder or end up better than the other.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mean....how could st Louis not get a better return? Terrible
Fabbri is an RFA at 900k in his last year . Very low risk taking a run at a player like that especially when you have to give up virtually next to nothing.
I can't see de la Rose spending much time suited up for the Blues. I would have given up Chlapik for him who I think has more value than DLR

Reactions: Icelevel

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Petan has produced at a 17P/82GP pace in his 117GP in the NHL. That's 4th line production.

He's also a 5'9 one-dimensional player that brings nothing besides offense.

He's kidding himself if he thinks he should be in the NHL.​

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Petan has produced at a 17P/82GP pace in his 117GP in the NHL. That's 4th line production.

He's also a 5'9 one-dimensional player that brings nothing besides offense.

He's kidding himself if he thinks he should be in the NHL.​

He’s showing belief in himself, nothing wrong with that.

He’s also a player that thoroughly dominated Junior hockey, and in more recent years when he’s played in the AHL, he’s been great. At the NHL level he’s been given very little chance outside of 4th line minutes on two teams that have fantastic forward groups. He’s had 6 games since the start of the 2017/18 season with at least 10 minutes of ice-time, and none with 15+ minutes. On a lesser offensive team with more of an opportunity, we could truly see if he’s a capable NHL player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
no idea of the severity..He did not return... if he goes down .. It will hurt the Leafs.. Maybe Petan gets called up again :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am starting to side with Babcock on this. Leafs are highly skilled and deep up front... but a good part of the game has to be played well in your own end. Hopefully not as much as half but a good portion. All that skill and finesse up front without any jam isn't going to get it done in the playoffs. A goal is a goal but a hit isn't a hit. I know that's not the context of the tweet. I am talking about this Dubas vs Babcock hockey philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad