Around The NHL XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hello pleasant Ranger fan friends, could you please beat Calgary in regulation nice and good?

We're dying, Miller just went down for 4-6 weeks bringing our IR list to:

- Bieksa (4D)
- Richardson (3/4C)
- Bonino (2C)
- Burrows (1RW / 2LW)
- Edler (1D)
- Tanev (2D)
- Corrado (5D)
- Miller (1G)

Beat that, Pittsburgh.

Help us please and I will giveth to the merciful shrine of Rick Nash's release. Thank you kindly. <3

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Henrik unquestionably makes this team look better than they are. But since he's, you know, part of the team, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Henrik unquestionably makes this team look better than they are. But since he's, you know, part of the team, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Makes the team "look"?

What you said applies to Price & the Canadiens, Halak & the Islanders, Quick & the Kings, etc...

Without elite performance in front of the net the team has no chance, that goes for all 30 teams.

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Makes the team "look"?

What you said applies to Price & the Canadiens, Halak & the Islanders, Quick & the Kings, etc...

Without elite performance in front of the net the team has no chance, that goes for all 30 teams.

All those teams are built to win, the goalie is just the guy who hangs in back of them and does his job. He isn't elite himself.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
All those teams are built to win, the goalie is just the guy who hangs in back of them and does his job. He isn't elite himself.

Price is unquestionably elite. Quick can play elite sometimes but overall isn't really.

Anyways, this Rangers team isn't perfect but if you waited around for a perfect team in order to win the cup, then you'd never win it at all. Every contender has some flaws and honestly its' a testament to this Rangers team that they've managed to go 6-0-2 lately with Lundqvist out and their backup goalie allowing 3 goals per night. Their D play at times could be better and they need to do a better job in third periods but I guarantee you that if Price went down the Canadiens would not collect points in 8 straight games with Tokarski in net.

The Rangers need Lundqvist back if they want to make another run to the finals but they are unquestionably one of the best teams in the NHL at this point

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Price is unquestionably elite. Quick can play elite sometimes but overall isn't really.

Anyways, this Rangers team isn't perfect but if you waited around for a perfect team in order to win the cup, then you'd never win it at all. Every contender has some flaws and honestly its' a testament to this Rangers team that they've managed to go 6-0-2 lately with Lundqvist out and their backup goalie allowing 3 goals per night. Their D play at times could be better and they need to do a better job in third periods but I guarantee you that if Price went down the Canadiens would not collect points in 8 straight games with Tokarski in net.

The Rangers need Lundqvist back if they want to make another run to the finals but they are unquestionably one of the best teams in the NHL at this point

If Talbot continues to play poorly yes, if Talbot plays like we know he is capable of then no. But that's a long conversation I don't intend on discussing (I've made my points in other threads).

Speaking of Lundqvist isn't he coming back in a couple weeks?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pile of garbage is too strong but I fully believe that the Rangers are easily a better team than Montreal if you just look at the skaters and exclude the goalies. Goalies included and it becomes a bit of a "which goalie shows up the most" since both Lundqvist and Price can steal a series, but Price has just legitimately been playing out of his mind this season. Subban is a great player but he's not stealing games for them like Price is.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Garbage offensively but they play good defense and are a defense first team.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: they're one of the worst possession teams in the league, with a defense loaded with turnstiles.

If your idea of good defense is "lets block a ton of shots and hope for the best", yeah, they're a great defensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad