OT: Around the NHL XIII: Bow down to the dynasty - Chicago Blackhawks win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Come onDucks...one more to go. I think we all know this is going 7, but just like the Kings last year it's not a given that CHI will pull it out. I love the way Anaheim has been crushing their D. I was elated that OT ended quickly for once. Too much too quickly. Save that 4 or 5 OT game for the finals.

Last edited:

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Cup alumni stunned Flyers never won another Cup

Anybody catch this gem today?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20150527_Cup_alumni_stunned_Flyers_never_won_another_Cup.html

"We've been to the Finals so many times and played so good and so hard and didn't quite get it done," said Clarke, the Flyers' senior vice president. "It pisses me off that teams try to lose continually to come up with the Crosbys . . . and Malkins" in the draft.

Clarke, of course, was talking about Pittsburgh stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

"The Flyers have never intentionally tried to lose. That would put a foul taste in my mouth," Clarke said. "Who wants to be a part of any organization like that? I wouldn't want to be."

:laugh:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's much better losing by incompetency, rather than winning a lottery.

It's not our fault that the year you finished dead last you took a guy who you promptly sold off for pennies on the dollar.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It's much better losing by incompetency, rather than winning a lottery.

It's not our fault that the year you finished dead last you took a guy who you promptly sold off for pennies on the dollar.

Also, the Penguins were pretty poor and couldn't really afford quality players IIRC. They also didn't intentionally lose in 04-05, there was no season, Clarke!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It was Clarke who traded a Stanley Cup to Quebec because he liked the symbolism in Lindros' game, was it not?

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
Even if you tank there's no guarantee things will work out. Some teams are lucky enough (the Pens especially) to suck when the best talents are available. Clarke should be talking about more important things, like the Flyers competitiveness & future, or giving lectures on advanced slashing techniques.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens org should reply back to Clarke and say "75 last ever".

Nope - Pens should say nothing. Flyers have been in this war with the NHL to be the toughest team and they are winless. Now they are in a war against Pittsburgh ever since Mario/Sid/Geno became Pens...

Let them die in their own little world. Nobody cares if you are the toughest team. It's all about Cups. Clarke defines that idiotic organizational culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad