OT: Around the NHL | Two Weeks Until The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
And one more thing:

3 years ago Bolts played Chicago in SCF. I was really mad at them for losing because I didn't want Chicago to win. And I said that Tampa had lost their opportunity and they will not have another chance to win the Cup. People objected me saying that they have a young up-and-coming team and they will win Cups in following years. Now 3 years later, they are still yet to appear in the SCF again.

Last year after losing to Pens Subban said "We will be back here next year". Where are they now?

My point is for all the people here who say that Pens will compete for the Cup next year, that the window is not closed etc. They may well be in playoffs next year, no doubt. But compete for the Cup? No. They lost their last chance this year. Their glory days are already behind them. We're in for a steady decline and we should brace for many dark down seasons when Crosby and Malkin grow old and eventually retire.

Last edited:

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Weird. I don’t know how you can’t just give him utter respect. Him and Malkin are cut from the same cloth.

Win this and they just need them to win a World Championship / Olympic Gold to go down as 1 and 2 in Russian history.

Nope. He is a perpetual inherent loser. This year is a weird stupid anomaly.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I actually want MAF to win, just to finally shut the people up that for years, told us Fleury as never a #1 caliber goalie until his final year for us in the playoffs and now with VGK.

For all the **** people talk about MAF, he deserves this and the Conn Smythe. I really really want him to win.

So he blew so many years of Crosby's and Malkin's primes just to finally start playing like a 1st overall pick for another team?

No, thanks. I hate him forever.

Reactions: Treent1

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I don't know if I feel that way.

Usually an expansion team gets some veteran hack of a coach or some friend of the GM that is thrown in there. Vegas started off hiring one of the best available coaches and one that should have never been fired in Florida, then they started off their franchise adding a cup winning goalie that just came off some brilliant playoff play and a bunch of hungry guys that wanted expanded roles and then made sure they showed they deserved it.

It is a rag-tag group, but a rag-tag group of some talented players led by a 3x cup winning goalie and a fantastic coach.

I fully agree with everything except this. In fact, "... 1,5x cup winning goalie...".

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
OK well you can wake me up when the sky has actually fallen, Chicken Little Angrrus.

Well, and after I wake you up - I'll ask you: "Why do you even watch a game if you don't care how it ends? Kinda pointless if you ask me."

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Tampa should be ashamed of themselves for that game. Best player on the ice for Tampa was Chris Kunitz. No joke.

My overwhelming feelings of ‘meh’ towards Stamkos continue. I’m surprised by how little Kucherov did though. That team is stacked offensively and can’t score a goal in a game 7? Pretty alarming.

Washington played very well, no doubt, but show some damn urgency Tampa.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
And one more thing:

3 years ago Bolts played Chicago in SCF. I was really mad at them for losing because I didn't want Chicago to win. And I said that Tampa had lost their opportunity and they will not have another chance to win the Cup. People objected me saying that they have a young up-and-coming team and they will win Cups in following years. Now 3 years later, they are still yet to appear in the SCF again.

Last year after losing to Pens Subban said "We will be back here next year". Where are they now?

My point is for all the people here who say that Pens will compete for the Cup next year, that the window is not closed etc. They may well be in playoffs next year, no doubt. But compete for the Cup? No. They lost their last chance this year. Their glory days are already behind them. We're in for a steady decline and we should brace for many dark down seasons when Crosby and Malkin grow old and eventually retire.

Did you say the same thing after 2010 playoffs? It’s damn hard to get back but Pens, Nashville, and Tampa all have near as good a chance as any to get to the dance again.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My overwhelming feelings of ‘meh’ towards Stamkos continue. I’m surprised by how little Kucherov did though. That team is stacked offensively and can’t score a goal in a game 7? Pretty alarming.

Washington played very well, no doubt, but show some damn urgency Tampa.

I am generally meh on Stamkos too, not as a player but as a great player. But I thought until the Caps scored their third, Tampa was very engaged.

Bnat66

May 10, 2017
New Jersey
Vegas against Vegas eh? Alright then.

smjpg.jpg

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I'm rooting for the caps. I hate a lot of their players but like ovy, the vegas story sucks and I'm sick of hearing about fleury.

Last edited:
Reactions: titaniumexpose

Fenrir009

May 2, 2018
Well, I'm all in for Vegas. It should be a good series but I'd relish seeing Fleury crush the Caps' dreams for a second year-in-a-row.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Did you say the same thing after 2010 playoffs? It’s damn hard to get back but Pens, Nashville, and Tampa all have near as good a chance as any to get to the dance again.

Funnily enough, after 2010 I said that Bylsma is not a good coach, that Pens won’t win the Cup again with him, and that he had to be fired immediately. ))))

And I predictably got a lot of crap and name calling for that then. The most common accusation was that I was trolling ))))

And yet, here we are ))))

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Well, I'm all in for Vegas. It should be a good series but I'd relish seeing Fleury crush the Caps' dreams for a second year-in-a-row.

Like I said, as soon as Caps thought they got that Pens monkey off their backs...they now have to go up against Fleury who beat them twice out of those 3 playoff losses since 09. So theres still that connection.

The biggest impact it could have on is Holtby. Hes been playing great, but Fleury is on a different level right now. And He knows it will come down to them. Hes gone up against some shaky goalies so far. Bob is a bad playoff goalie. Murray didnt have it this year. And Vasy has been up and down for months now.

While Fleury outplayed Quick, Jones, and Helly.

Also cant see Vegas letting up so many odd man rushes. They play a much better team defense.

Thats one storyline...Fleury vs Holtby.

Then we have GMGM, former Capital who they hate for trading Forsberg and then leaving. Then taking Nate Schmidt in the ED.

Reaves vs Wilson. For comedic reasons. Wilson will avoid fighting of course, but curious to see what happens if/when he tries to take out a player.

Both systems are kind of similar but Vegas is a much faster team.

Wonder if refs let them play or as usual dictate the series.

This will get alot more ratings than Vegas/Tampa would have.

Alot more fun to watch.

Its been what...13 years since Ovechkin earned his first trip to the finals? And it coming against an expansion team? Usually history only focuses on the winners in the finals...but if the Caps lose to an expansion team this will go down in history. And basically sum up their era with Ovechkin. Whether thats fair or not, it will be mentioned how long it took the Caps to get to the cup and when they finally do...its against an expansion team. Its must win for them at this point.

Once again all of the pressure is on the Caps. They didnt really have that all throughout the playoffs. Both the Pens and Tampa were favorites. And Vegas may be as well, but theyre still an expansion team and the Caps knowing how hard it is to get to the cup...they know this might be their only chance

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Biggest thing for me has been Caps' resilience. Yes VGK have embarrassed everyone including us armchair experts.
But I just think the Caps are a very tough out right now.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I can't believe the Caps are going to win the Cup. Vegas is like our B team and Caps destroyed us. Vegas doesn't have Letang though so they might have a chance.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That McCurdy dude had the Caps as the East Favorite before the playoffs started. He's either Nostradamus or he's got some models that are pretty freakin good
Unsure what exactly he saw in Washington but it was right. Truth be told Caps were better than us last year and if not for MAF, there's no repeat.

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath?ref ... r%5Eauthor

And I thought TB would wipe the floor with Washington so WTF do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad