OT: Around the NHL: The Stuff That Does Not Relate to the Pittsburgh Penguins | PLAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
549h6f.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins, you are on the clock.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
- Flyers win was the worst and most undeserved win I've ever seen in professional sports.
- Kings have three great defensemen; Doughty, Muzzin and Martinez paired with three morons; McNabb, Schenn and our man Scuds. And with Martinez injured, you get Jamie McBain. Throw in Doughty playing like garbage, and they were totally ****ed. It really seems like nearly the whole league is scraping the barrel for defensive depth.
- Jagr's now got one playoff goal in 38 games since his return from Siberia. Just saying.
- Who the **** is Alan Quine?
- Niemi and Lehtonen is a platoon of utter mediocrity.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Yeah, soon as Martinez went down for the Kings, they were doomed. Bunch of guys, outside of Doughty and Muzzin, who can't skate for the life of them on that blue-line. They were never gonna go far with that defense.

And hopefully Philly can pull off another undeserved win. 10 shots? Gross. All those playoff demons for the Caps would manifest themselves if they go too a game 7.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, soon as Martinez went down for the Kings, they were doomed. Bunch of guys, outside of Doughty and Muzzin, who can't skate for the life of them on that blue-line. They were never gonna go far with that defense.

And hopefully Philly can pull off another undeserved win. 10 shots? Gross. All those playoff demons for the Caps would manifest themselves if they go too a game 7.

They really need to figure out a way to get another Voynov on that team. Scuderi is no sort of substitute. Should've signed Martin, tbh.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
That was not a good goal to give up. And this will be hilarious if SJ hangs on.

Edit, at least they still have the piece for another run next year.

Holy ****. I completely forgot that Scuderi has another year on his contract.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Darryl Sutter should be on coachwatch. Missed the playoffs last year, smoked by their rival this year, plus his contract's up and speculation has been rumbling for a while that he already has his eye on the future elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if the feeling between him and the Kings may now be mutual.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Darryl Sutter should be on coachwatch. Missed the playoffs last year, smoked by their rival this year, plus his contract's up and speculation has been rumbling for a while that he already has his eye on the future elsewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if the feeling between him and the Kings may now be mutual.

I've seen Kings fans say before that Stevens is essentially coach-in-waiting. Maybe Sutter shuffles out this summer?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I've seen Kings fans say before that Stevens is essentially coach-in-waiting. Maybe Sutter shuffles out this summer?
I would think so, but where? The coaching carousel seems pretty quiet this year.

Michel Therrien, Claude Julien, Patrick Roy and Willie Desjardins have all been publicly declared safe when they clearly shouldn't be from my view. Ottawa is the only team on the lookout right now, but Sutter seems a West Coast guy down to the ground.

Who else is on the hotseat? Vigneault might be if we finish them Sunday, but I doubt it somehow. Minnesota's late season run and then taking Dallas deep will probably see the interim tag removed for Torchetti. Other bottom feeders like Edmonton and Toronto still have new, expensive coaches running the show. Bob Hartley is apparently safe in Calgary, as is Paul Maurice in Winnipeg.

I'm not sure where he'd go. Unless he takes a year.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I would think so, but where? The coaching carousel seems pretty quiet this year.

Michel Therrien, Claude Julien, Patrick Roy and Willie Desjardins have all been publicly declared safe when they clearly shouldn't be from my view. Ottawa is the only team on the lookout right now, but Sutter seems a West Coast guy down to the ground.

Who else is on the hotseat? Vigneault might be if we finish them Sunday, but I doubt it somehow. Minnesota's late season run and then taking Dallas deep will probably see the interim tag removed for Torchetti. Other bottom feeders like Edmonton and Toronto still have new, expensive coaches running the show. Bob Hartley is apparently safe in Calgary, as is Paul Maurice in Winnipeg.

I'm not sure where he'd go. Unless he takes a year.

Looking at your list, the only guy I'd like if I was a fan of an underachieving team is Julien. Maybe Maurice? That list tells me that NHL coaching is just rife with mediocrity. Teams should be trying to do better than Hartley for god's sake!

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
It's like the press was all "goaltending is so important in this series and Washington really has it this year, ladies and gentlemen, your Vezina winner Braden Holtby" and then Neuvirth just went "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad