OT: Around the NHL: The Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This is getting ridiculous.

Everybody (except Washington?) getting their roster ripped to shreds.

I think that Ovechkin has been playing injured and Backstrom is being rested but other than that they're fine. Aren't Boston, Detroit and Philly relatively healthy? The East is crumbling for the most part.

St. Louis has been taking a beating lately, too.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

giphy.gif

On the main board they are speculating that it is broken.

As that is almost surely our first round opponent, a good break (pun intended, however tacky) for us.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
If McDonagh is going to miss even 2-3 playoff games thats a huge blow to the Rangers. Injuries are sure hitting a lot of the top end teams hard in the East.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If McDonagh is going to miss even 2-3 playoff games thats a huge blow to the Rangers. Injuries are sure hitting a lot of the top end teams hard in the East.

Funny thing is that outside of Stamkos the Pens have the biggest loss in Malkin and have barely noticed that he was gone.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Funny thing is that outside of Stamkos the Pens have the biggest loss in Malkin and have barely noticed that he was gone.

True. But thats because the Pens have Crosby. The Lightning dont have a 2nd Stamkos and the Rangers dont have a 2nd McDonagh.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Playoffs begin in nine days on the 13th. I do not wish for injuries on anyone, but that would be a huge break. Though it would make it more likely that the islanders would be our opponent.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Blueshirts’ captain may have suffered a broken right hand in blocking a low Brandon Dubinsky drive flush on the back of his glove with 5:13 remaining in the first period. McDonagh — without argument the team’s most important defenseman — played three more shifts through the end of the period but did not play the remainder of the game that the Rangers ultimately sealed on Derek Stepan’s shorthanded empty-netter with 1:11 to play.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/04/rangers-playoff-worries-give-way-to-ryan-mcdonagh-worries/

Larry Brooks is a clown, but you have to think that he has some inside sources in the Ranger locker room.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
On the main board they are speculating that it is broken.

As that is almost surely our first round opponent, a good break (pun intended, however tacky) for us.

They got a break from us last playoffs when 3 of our 4 top 4 dmen did not make the playoffs. They got a break AGAIN if they play us with no Malkin, maybe no Fleury. Better not hear crying from them, i swear to god....

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, it's not a good look.

I don't really believe in karma, but it's just a ****** thing to do.

I wasn't dancing around celebrating. in fact said explicitly that I do not wish injury on anyone. I merely reported it and said that if true it would be a good break for the Pens (my exact words in fact).

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, it's not a good look.

I don't really believe in karma, but it's just a ****** thing to do.

Meh, constantly hearing fans of our rivals wishing their team plays us hard and knock a few Pens out of the game. **** their losses, could care less if their whole team was on IR. We will just beat them and watch them all cry like always.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Meh, constantly hearing fans of our rivals wishing their team plays us hard and knock a few Pens out of the game. **** their losses, could care less if their whole team was on IR. We will just beat them and watch them all cry like always.

Again, my words above could hardly be interpreted as wishing injury on anyone, or celebrating injuries.

That said, I do not believe in karma or any crap like that. If I had those kind of magical abilities I would use them in better ways than that.

Poor taste I do believe in, and once more all I did was report, say that I wish injury on no one, and say that if so it would be a lucky turn for the Pens. Nothing more or less.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

Or in some cases, other fan bases wishing permanent injuries on our players (someone wishing Gudas had (literally) paralyzed Letang when he "had the chance"...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad