OT: Around the NHL: The Stretch Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lol Wings firing shots??

further proof that the all star game is a joke not worth anyone's time... I hope their ratings were less than a rerun of mama's family. Hoo ****ing rah... some goon can score in wide open free flowing gimmick hockey but the best players in the world can barely score in the snoozefest of the modern NHL game...

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
The players fix the ASG to a certain point by trying to set up friends (Scott in this instance).

Then you've got Malkin who always plays to win. :laugh:

I remember Mario was about to break Gretzky's ASG pts record but they wouldn't let him, he still has the best points per game average by far though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol Wings firing shots??

They score less goals than the Pens do and their back-up is a 5.2m/yr player and Mrazek is having a damn good year on a contract year with some key RFA's as well, th lulz will come with them soon.

*michael jackson popcorn gif*

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Lol the champ all star game ended 1-0? Never change, nhl.

Seriously? The All Star game is usually high scoring. Now you are complaining it's low scoring. The final was low scoring for 2 reasons:

1. Players actually wanted to win so they played defense
2. Offensive players didn't want to rip slappers at the defenders and risk an injury in an All Star game. Defenders were collapsing and offensive players tried to pass around the defenders looking for the right shot.

As far as All Star games go, this one was actually pretty entertaining.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's hilarious how salty the Wings still are over 2009. Good ****ing lord.

Scott also more goals in All-Star games than Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Datsyuk combined have. If the Wings want to count those ASG goals....

And their fans are the first ones to point out that Sid got suspended for 'sitting out' an All-Star Game (which Lidstrom & Datsyuk were suspended for doing as well).

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
As far as All Star games go, this one was actually pretty entertaining.

Agreed, at least I'm an instant fan of divisional 3-on-3 ASG format. The final may have ended 1-0, but it was really entertaining through all 20 minutes of action, and some kind of a goaltending clinic as well.

What I really can't stand is the NHL now pretending like the John Scott story is the best thing since sliced bread, after trying so adamantly to make him go away. Bettman is a coward for not following through Scott's reveal and decapitating the idiot who drew Scott's kids into the discussion. Is there anything the the bargaining agreement NHLPA could interfere with?

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Regardless of everything that went on around it I still wasn't motivated to watch the ASG. I'm glad it was more exciting though as I miss the great ASGs of the 90s/00s and hope fans and players make it into something more than a formality. It would be great if all of Sid Geno and Ovie were there next year and in the future while they are still top players.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
What I really can't stand is the NHL now pretending like the John Scott story is the best thing since sliced bread, after trying so adamantly to make him go away. Bettman is a coward for not following through Scott's reveal and decapitating the idiot who drew Scott's kids into the discussion. Is there anything the the bargaining agreement NHLPA could interfere with?

Seriously...America's Sweetheart absolute nice guy John Scott:

Those are two really dirty headshots from the past two seasons that resulted in some very well deserved suspensions...

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Are they going for the cut-rate blog look on purpose, you think?

i'm really not sure what they're trying to do with it. looks very bland. maybe that'll change with actual content, not all star ****.

i'm more curious about the nhl.tv redesign. 60 frames a second should be great.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC

I a co-worker has a friend that's an NHL agent. He was telling me that the NHL basically offered to send Scott and his family on vacation anywhere he wanted to go, just for not showing up at the ASG. Kudos to Scott for sticking it out, and shame on the NHL for now playing the "Isn't this guy awesome!?!" role afterwards. Just embarrassing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad