Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
They don’t have goaltending and their defensemen are not strong. He is going to have some issues.
Agree. That’s why I think the issues were more player personnel.

We’ll see what he can do, but I do think he’ll have some issue.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
According to Friedman on 32 Thoughts .. he doesn't believe the Canes are going to want to give Necas the money he is looking for

"3" C incoming

Last edited:

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
According to Friedman on 32 Thoughts .. he doesn't believe the Canes are going to want to give Necas the money he is looking for

"3" C incoming

Isn't he almost exclusively a RW tho?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

"3" C incoming

Yes please on Necas.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Beerz

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
They don’t have goaltending and their defensemen are not strong. He is going to have some issues.

Yeah, can’t help but feel like Keefe was just the fall guy for roster construction issues that any coach was going to have a really hard time masking in the playoffs. Trying to be a serious contender and having Morgan Reilly as your clear #1 defenseman are things that are difficult to reconcile.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Why? He strikes me as just kinda more of the same.
He has size which he doesn't use it very much, likes to carry the puck into traffic, good but not great shot. He looks like he'll be a consistent 25/25 guy with the 30+ outlier season.

IMO he's a bigger version of what our prospect pool is overflowing with

Yeah, can’t help but feel like Keefe was just the fall guy for roster construction issues that any coach was going to have a really hard time masking in the playoffs. Trying to be a serious contender and having Morgan Reilly as your clear #1 defenseman are things that are difficult to reconcile.
Reilly being the #1 isn't necessarily bad if you have a bunch of 3/4 to round out the pairs, it's not good when most are 5/6

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Same here. I can't stand some of those obnoxious Rags fans.
I’m split on this issue.

On one hand Rags HFboards fans are one of the worst fan bases to interact with here, and they have that cringe goal sing along song. And Trouba is easy to dislike with his scummy elbows.

On the other hand I can’t stand Rod Brindamour and I enjoy watching him lose every single time. And I hate Kotkaniemi, he’s a smarmy, cocky little shit. And he’s been intensely overrated on HFboards for about a decade.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I’m split on this issue.

On one hand Rags HFboards fans are one of the worst fan bases to interact with here, and they have that cringe goal sing along song. And Trouba is easy to dislike with his scummy elbows.

On the other hand I can’t stand Rod Brindamour and I enjoy watching him lose every single time. And I hate Kotkaniemi, he’s a smarmy, cocky little shit. And he’s been intensely overrated on HFboards for about a decade.
They have a few great posters on here but alot of them give some of the Laff fans a serious run for their money when it comes to being obnoxious.

As for Rod; yeah he still annoys me here and there. I still remember him trash taking Lindy immediately after eliminating us. Guy is a dick.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
B’s only have 14 SOG, and it’s 5 minutes into he 3rd. Swayman had one go between his legs and squirt wide. Could have been game right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad