Around the NHL: The 2024 NHL Playoff Thread

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Do we even have players on our team that have this fire?

We have a few that will respond when a team takes it to them. But we don't have anyone willing to take it to a team on a consistent nightly basis. We are a reactionary team instead of imposing this play style on other teams

Dahlin is probably the exception but even he is not consistent enough yet.

Reactions: EichHart

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Do we even have players on our team that have this fire?

If you specifically mean skilled players willing to drop the gloves, we've seen Cozens do it recently. I think Tage wishes he could fight more, but probably has been told not to (he had that fight in preseason recently, and I think he has said his father taught him to fight).

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
On a serious note, I'd appreciate if people could go to nhlinutah.com and vote for "Mountaineers" and "Outlaws" only as the choices during this round of team naming, and then go back and vote for "Outlaws" in the finals after May 22. I live in Salt Lake and am getting half season tickets next year. How often in life does a new NHL team come up in the city you live in, right? I don't want the team to have a stupid name.

Names that end in "s" sound better in my opinion. Based on polling and discussion I've seen, "Outlaws" and "Yeti" have the most public support. I think Yeti is a silly comic book name that sticks out like a sore thumb when you're looking down a list of other team names like Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Kings, Oilers, Flames, Canadiens, Bruins.

So help me give the team I'll have half season tickets to a normal hockey name and not a weird silly name and go vote for Outlaws and Mountaineers please.
Inversion doesn’t end in “s”.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Didnt Tage fight in the preseason of all places?

Anyway…Don didn’t even want them to hit…I can’t imagine he was jumping at the idea of fighting either.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We have a few that will respond when a team takes it to them. But we don't have anyone willing to take it to a team on a consistent nightly basis. We are a reactionary team instead of imposing this play style on other teams

Dahlin is probably the exception but even he is not consistent enough yet.
How does a team impose it's style of play on an opponent when the coach can't even figure out what style of play he wants to implement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad