OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You’d think with how scoring has exploded over the last couple of years it’d make me more engaged with the game. It hasn’t. If anything it’s made me the opposite and I’ve watched less and less.
Probably because our team is the only one whose offense seems stuck in the DPE while every other team is scoring goals and playing exciting hockey.

Yeah, Pouliot over Trouba was dumb at the time and hurts now. Pouliot over Forsberg is a "just pretend that didn't happen" f*** up. :laugh:
Considering the list of incompetent, mind boggling moves this organization has made over the past couple of decades, it's actually remarkable we somehow ended up winning 3 Cups.

It's like the Penguins are Homer Simpson. An incompetent buffoon who still somehow thrives in life by accident.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I want an Oilers/Vegas 1st round matchup, with Vegas winning. Probably would shut them down, one of the few teams that can.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I kind of wish we could see Sid and Geno at their absolute peak (and heathy!) playing in this current scoring environmen
Crosby going 19 straight years with a ppg+ is actually probably the most impressive stat this year. Not only that but he played a huge chunk of his prime in a lower scoring era. The talent and hard work to pull that off is actually ridiculous when you stop and think about it.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I guess the issue with Jersey is what those in the know thought it was. Their goaltending for most of the season was absolute shit and they really miss Hamilton. Travis Green was never gonna be able to fix either of those things.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Saw that Marchand's name was suggested for the HOF in the a mainboard thread. Can anyone here rationalize that
Can definitely see that, yeah. Fairly close to P/PG in the regular season and playoffs, while being outstanding defensively and one of the league's best PK'ers. +296 .
#2 in the league in penalties drawn since he joined.
If all the Hall is about is points then perhaps not, but if it's about contributing to wins then I think he deserves it for sure.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I guess the issue with Jersey is what those in the know thought it was. Their goaltending for most of the season was absolute shit and they really miss Hamilton. Travis Green was never gonna be able to fix either of those things.
They also lost Severson and Graves (who was good last year) and didn't replace them.
They went hard into overspending on offense. Meier might finish with 50 points or so for them at an 8.8M price tag.
His money needed to be allocated towards goaltending or the blue line.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Washington plays the 'Canes Friday after they play us. If we can beat them in regulation they head to that second game of back to back games with 4 straight losses.
We are in the mix if we can do that, mostly get the two points but even better if the Caps don't get any.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
They also lost Severson and Graves (who was good last year) and didn't replace them.
They went hard into overspending on offense. Meier might finish with 50 points or so for them at an 8.8M price tag.
His money needed to be allocated towards goaltending or the blue line.
That must be somekind alternate reality in which Graves plays well

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
1712197052989.png

Happy birthday @Gurglesons :laugh:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Jake scores against Washington. Carolina is outshooting them 30-9 but trailing 1-2.

And now Buffalo scores with 5 seconds left in 2nd to make it 3-1 !! We need at least two of those teams to lose. Detroit is now tied vs NYR.
Buffalo beats Flyers 4-2. Jake and Company have tied up the game against Washington with 7 minutes left and Rangers are up 4-3 with about the same left.
Just need the Rags to hang on and Canes to score before regulation ends for a perfect night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad