OT: Around the NHL: Playoffs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Boston is almost trashier than Philly.

I had this discussion yesterday with a couple of friends over drinks. We came to the conclusion that both are just as trashy as the other, but in different ways. Philly is more trashy in the traditional sense, but Boston is more of a pompous trashy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Philly, minus the sports, is actually a beautiful historical city. Full of stone homes where a lot of the stone came from Pittsburgh. Some great American history. Some great food. Sure, the people aren't as friendly as Yinzers, but it happens.

I hate the sport fans. But let's not put the entire town in that circle.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Philly, minus the sports, is actually a beautiful historical city. Full of stone homes where a lot of the stone came from Pittsburgh. Some great American history. Some great food. Sure, the people aren't as friendly as Yinzers, but it happens.

I hate the sport fans. But let's not put the entire town in that circle.

This sounds like an exact description of Boston, and I'm pretty sure most would agree that Boston is a lot nicer than Philly.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I used to like Liam a lot, but his voice is so boring and so negative. I can't tak eit. Get rid of Roenick, Milbury, Jones, and Liam. Get positive voices in there. I want someone to sell the excitement. I love Rupper. I love Weekes. Tony Luftman, or whatever his name is may be overly annoying with his positivity, but he makes you believe you are watching something awesome.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I used to like Liam a lot, but his voice is so boring and so negative. I can't tak eit. Get rid of Roenick, Milbury, Jones, and Liam. Get positive voices in there. I want someone to sell the excitement. I love Rupper. I love Weekes. Tony Luftman, or whatever his name is may be overly annoying with his positivity, but he makes you believe you are watching something awesome.

OK, so let's look at this.

Liam (Broadcast 4 Life) has spent many a year surrounded by Milbury (NYI), Roenick (PHI), and Jones (PHI).

As Pens fans, can we really expect him to not hate the living **** out of us?

Rupp scored the most goals in his career with us, so he's got a soft spot.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
OK, so let's look at this.

Liam (Broadcast 4 Life) has spent many a year surrounded by Milbury (NYI), Roenick (PHI), and Jones (PHI).

As Pens fans, can we really expect him to not hate the living **** out of us?

Rupp scored the most goals in his career with us, so he's got a soft spot.

I just used to enjoy Liam because he has some positive vibes about him. I feel every intermission is a damn funeral. :laugh: They always focus on the negative penalties and everything. Never focus on the "wow" moments.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This sounds like an exact description of Boston, and I'm pretty sure most would agree that Boston is a lot nicer than Philly.

I hear nothing but amazing things about Boston. Out of all the times I've driven through or by for hockey, I've never spent time there. A few friends go up there like 3x a year for long weekends. Love the city. I hear it's beautiful.

I can only speak for Philly. My father grew up there and my Grandmother, before her passing, lived there. I was always amazed at the beautiful homes.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I hear nothing but amazing things about Boston. Out of all the times I've driven through or by for hockey, I've never spent time there. A few friends go up there like 3x a year for long weekends. Love the city. I hear it's beautiful.

I can only speak for Philly. My father grew up there and my Grandmother, before her passing, lived there. I was always amazed at the beautiful homes.

For someone like me, Boston has a reputation of being significantly less hospitable...

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
How does this game start at 7:10 with 2 anthems and Pens games can never get underway until like 718. :laugh: I wish NHL was like MLB. 7:05 starts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Go caps.

I hate the leafs fans, their coach and their gm far too much to hope they win even against the caps. **** Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad