Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Hearing the announcers cream themselves over the preds was nausea inducing (granted the Canucks didn't give a lot of things for them to talk about).

And if I hear one more time about how they didn't get to see U2 in concert I'm gonna scream.

Reactions: JAHV

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I echo a lot of the sentiments about Vegas. It's not against the rules what they are doing with LTIR so it's fair. However, it's a clear loophole that needs to be corrected. I support the simple rule that you can carry the extra cap but the team iced needs to be cap compliant. It just makes sense and is fair.

All that being said, Stone, Vegas management, and the team doctors are clearly all working together to mislead the NHL on Stone's health status all season. To be playoff ready exactly at the start of the playoffs more than once is clearly not a coincidence but an executed plan. It's a joke that the league isn't investing Vegas doctors and Stone for lying about his health and ability to return to play.

For me, both things can be true. Vegas has the right to use the LTIR rules in the manner they are doing it, but they are also violating league rules about Stone's health.

Reactions: Rybread86

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hearing the announcers cream themselves over the preds was nausea inducing (granted the Canucks didn't give a lot of things for them to talk about).

And if I hear one more time about how they didn't get to see U2 in concert I'm gonna scream.
i don't know what's funnier

that they canceled their trip to see u2 because of how terrible they were playing or that a bunch of 20-30 year olds were actually willing to go see u2 perform

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
The playoff injury flood gates have opened. Carolina just lost Pesce, Florida just lost Bennett. Both big, big losses.

Reactions: Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Toronto took the lead and then Lyubushkin almost gave it right back by taking a dumb shot and then allowing JVR behind him for a breakaway.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Oilers

michael-scott-dont-you-dare-16ula5vdqxic9tv1.gif

They better not waste Rico, Perry and Carrick's time by losing to the kings.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I feel for Dallas. I think there are only 2, maybe 3 teams that can take them down in the west and their reward for the best record in the conference was to play one of them in the 1st round.

EDIT: And we are partially to blame since we beat Vegas in game 82.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Marchessault has been terrific so far. If that’s the top-6 forward we end up with July 1, I’m certainly not complaining

The bruins might have the top 2 goalies in the playoffs

But I do think it’s insane that they kept both guys and didn’t use 1 to add depth to the roster

IIRC, the Bruins had a framework on a deal to send Ullmark to LA and he wouldn’t waive to go there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad