So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Crying Doughty

giphy.gif

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Crazy how some Kings fans were sure they wanted the Oilers. Just a brutal matchup and looks even worse this year than years past as Kopitar and Doughty have continued to slow down. I’m not even sure the Oilers have played their absolute best either.

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
That was bad luck for Ceci's stick to break, although he's got to know to knock that puck into the corner, not into the middle.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Kings going to use the purple and yellow jerseys in games 3 and 4 to really bring back that losing to a generational player on the Oilers every year feel.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Matt Martin trying to jump Noesen in the Hurricanes v Isles games, and getting rag dolled to the ground while Noesen is still wearing his gloves is hilarious.

In fact the whole Isles reaction after going 5-3 down was quite pathetic.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Bouchard is low key ridiculous too. He had 82 points in 81 games and a +34 this season

There’s a reason why Oilers fans feared the inevitable bridge deal. Man is going to get major big boy money at the end of next year, even with the cap going up.

Obviously also helps that he plays with Ekholm to cover some of his defensive deficiencies

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Its hard for me to blame Vegas for their cap circumcision when they arent actually doing anything illegal, but still pisses me off and is something the NHL needs to address. I have to imagine other teams arent happy about it either.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Its hard for me to blame Vegas for their cap circumcision when they arent actually doing anything illegal, but still pisses me off and is something the NHL needs to address. I have to imagine other teams arent happy about it either.
Agreed. I would hope that our GM does the same thing if the opportunity ever presented itself, but I do hope they change some rules.

I have a couple of thoughts on ways to address it:

1. Your dressed roster for a playoff game must be cap compliant. During the regular season, your scratched players count against the cap, so this would be a bit more lenient, but at least in theory, the players that are playing in the game fit under the cap.

2. If a player is on LTIR for the entire period from the trade deadline to the end of the regular season, then they have to miss some playoff games. The most lenient option would be a single game, the harshest option would be the entire 1st round. Maybe 4 games?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the LTIR crap is annoying, but its not like vegas is the only team allowed to pull it off

why aren't other teams taking advantage of it?

Reactions: Deuce22

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Playoffs really bring out the worst in me. I genuinely relish watching teams I dislike suffer. Case in point:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad