Around the NHL: Part XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
So Oilers legit lost Larsson to the Kraken? Was he picked and signed or just straight up signed as UFA!?

I'm so confused by today. :laugh:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
So Oilers legit lost Larsson to the Kraken? Was he picked and signed or just straight up signed as UFA!?

I'm so confused by today. :laugh:
Seattle gets exclusive early UFA signing access. If they sign a team's UFA, it counts as their pick.
So like Florida fans are happy Seattle signed Dreidger because with Spencer Knight, Dreidger was on his way out anyways so from their POV, Seattle picked a player they were losing anyways. Instead of like guys Gudas or Vatrano.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I guess all side deals in regards to the picks made tonight were, for technicalities-sake, handshake deals

EDIT: Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not many?

Reactions: duhmetreE

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I personally think Seattle took cheap contracts so they can bail out cap strapped teams in the coming days and grab picks that way. Like Tampa for instance, take on Johnson with a big sweatener type of deal.

Bingo.

I still see them getting Tarasenko, but now with a draft pick attached.

Priorae

Apr 21, 2017
New Jersey
They can still do that and drafted a solid top 4 in Dunn.

This is far from over imo

Vegas really did a good job of keeping the league's focus on them during the process and I think maximized the leverage from the exp. draft. Seattle did not. I think alot of GMs will be moving on to more pressing matters then worrying about Seattle now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad