Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
He's back it looks like
Let's hope it's enough to affect his faceoffs and wristers for 2 weeks.
There's no way he's out there with a hurt hand. He just took another puck to the hand
It's hockey. He could have a fracture, they'll spray it with the freezing spray and he'll go back out to lock up a ticket to the conference finals. We see that shit all the time.

Attachments

• kylo_more.png
    kylo_more.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: will1066

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Florida are the team in the East to beat. It would have been great if they'd gotten upset in one of the early rounds, but it was always the most likely outcome that we'd have to face them in order to get out of the conference.

Bring it on.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

Luckily for Maurice, who deploys Forsling, 27, on a defense pair with veteran Aaron Ekblad, 28, the Panthers’ front office had plenty of inside intel on Forsling before he was placed on waivers in January 2021.
Their head coach at the time, Joel Quenneville, and one of their assistants at the time, Ulf Samuelsson, had known Forsling from his Chicago days, when he was taken under the wing his rookie year by Swedish countryman Niklas Hjalmarsson. They gave their endorsement.
That was just for starters. Panthers senior adviser Rick Dudley had previously been the Hurricanes’ senior vice president of hockey operations, and then-Panthers assistant GM Paul Krepelka (now senior VP of hockey operations) had previously been Carolina’s VP of hockey operations. They, too, were each banging their fists to “get this guy,” Panthers general manager Bill Zito told The Athletic.

Forsling was a late bloomer physically.
Now, he’s a physical specimen.
“You should see this guy walking around with his shirt off,” veteran Kyle Okposo said. “He’s like a statue. Truly, he’s a sculpture.”
Added Ekblad, “His body, he’s like a mythical Greek God.”
When the world largely shut down during the COVID-19 pandemic, Forsling returned to his small southern Swedish hometown of Linköping. He went home from March to December “and took advantage of the long, long layoff.”
Now, Forsling is the Panthers’ perennial fitness champ. Zito and Maurice take pride in the Panthers being a physically fit team, and Maurice said Forsling “is our fittest athlete.”
At the team’s annual fitness testing, Zito said, everybody else is competing for second place.
“I remember we were once talking about the testing beforehand, and I made a comment to Gus, ‘A couple of guys here, they’re going to take a run at you this year,’” Zito said. “He looked at me and without cracking a smile goes, ‘Not a chance.’
“I was like, ‘OK, this guy, it’s on.’ And guess what? It wasn’t even close. The second-place guy could be a decathlete or something, and he’d be lapped by Gus.”

Gustav = Drago?

Reactions: gabevh3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad