Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
West hockey is faster (and less physical) but way more chaoticer. No wonder their goalies are up and down from season to season.
why does it look so much different that eastern conference hockey.. or at least rangers hockey!?

someone please explain it

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
why does it look so much different that eastern conference hockey.. or at least rangers hockey!?

someone please explain it
Unable to, but my half-ass attempt is that the East “settles it down” momentarily, while West keeps the puck moving 24/7. Even the power plays look different.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
The west seems to play varying forms of defense being optional with a more North/South style.

This is a broad generalization but but easier to score goals when everyone is pushing.

I would be very curious to see the Rangers play one of these top teams because of the contrasting styles. I'm not saying we would win but I don't think it would be a pushover, especially with the physical aspect.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0072.jpeg

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Toronto is a loss away from going through something big. Mitch Marner probably gone at least. I remember last year listening to NHL Radio and it sounded like the entire province of Ontario needed to be on suicide watch.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto is a loss away from going through something big. Mitch Marner probably gone at least. I remember last year listening to NHL Radio and it sounded like the entire province of Ontario needed to be on suicide watch.
Everyone in Canada who speaks English and is over age 50-55.

Don't underestimate how far the Leafs fan reach is.

They are just GETTING IT in the Canadian media today.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
torontos stars get a lot of heat but their defense core is f***ing horrible. 5 of them cant move the puck for shit and they're all slow. they have like 4 troubas. that team will never do anything until they completely revamp their defense.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
torontos stars get a lot of heat but their defense core is f***ing horrible. 5 of them cant move the puck for shit and they're all slow. they have like 4 troubas. that team will never do anything until they completely revamp their defense.
And fire all of the coaching staff and ditch the horrendous Ilya Samsonov.

Reactions: leetch99

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Everyone in Canada who speaks English and is over age 50-55.

Don't underestimate how far the Leafs fan reach is.

They are just GETTING IT in the Canadian media today.
Last year I was sure it was the last straw. Yeah they finally won a round but then got smoked by Florida without a fight.

Then they made zero changes.

Boggled my mind.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They need to trade Marner into a 1-2D.

Get Tavares off the books

Add a lot of gritty depth that can fill specific roles

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
They need to trade Marner into a 1-2D.

Get Tavares off the books

Add a lot of gritty depth that can fill specific roles
It’s funny how we all predicted this when they signed Tavares. They immediately became too top heavy and couldn’t fill out the rest of the roster.

They’re getting cooked by Lindholm, who’s the type of player they should’ve went after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad