Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
He did his job. He got them the best chance at Celebrini. Eklund, Zetterlund, Smith, Celebrini. Musty is having himself a year in the O. Mukhamadullin could crack the roster. Bystedt is in the mix. They have a pretty strong core of youth.

The big challenges are really on Grier. Hire a good coach PLUS staff. I would give our A-coaching staff a lot of credit for our season. Bury Vlasic in the AHL, maybe trade Couture (doubtful lol $8M AAV till he's 38), and make some key UFA signings. If Andrew Brunette's defensive system can make Vanacek a passable starter in NJ, I feel like there is a coaching staff out there that can do the same in San Jose. Very doubtful they will pull it off but there are pieces to turn things around.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
1713990285775.png

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The Sabres really just continue to find new ways to embarrass themselves.

It's all about saving money. Ruff got a multi year extension from the devils that kicks in this year, Sabres reportedly gave him a 2-year deal. Devils are footing a big chunk of Lindy's contract and Sabres somehow sign a new coach only for 2 years instead of any other top candidate demanding 4-5 years.

It's likely what the Sharks did with Quinn. Rangers were still paying him for 2 more years.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
These names on the Bruins come straight from a hockey movie.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
The East was really top heavy this year especially the Metro; aside from ours and CAR-NYI, every other series seems pretty even and competitive on paper and ice.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I f***ing hate when goalies shake their mask off like that. It's delay of game. Broken strap, my ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad