Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
What? No. I said he didn’t know about the Red Wings goal until after the Caps goal so the decision, and the right one at that, was made BEFORE he knew about being out if it. Are you arguing that he did it on purpose and knew about it or that there’s communication with the bench? If it’s the latter, of course I agree with you. Both things happened within a minute of each other so I doubt he knew when he made the decision that he knew had to be made.
That is all I ever said :)

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
This makes no sense either. What happened in the other game, dictated how they should approach this game. They through away a chance to win the game outright, due to incompetence.

And why are people still talking about the Pens. The Caps are in,.... thanks to Torts bonehead play. And it was a good 3, 4 or 5 minutes. All they had to do, is have someone watching the game in the booth, and tell Torts the minute Detroit scored with 3 seconds remaining.
I was watching the Torts game and Boucher knew instantly it was over for his team when the Wings scored. Boucher also couldn't be;ieve Torts was waiting to pull his goalie fwiw.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If he had the know-it-all, to pull the goalie in the event of a tie, late in the game, he should have known if that was still feasible, right before making that call. How hard could it have been, to get a go or no go just before he was ready? There was still a game to be played, even if they were eliminated. With a good chance to win in OT. A coach throwing away that opportunity is inexcusable.

What? the OT meant to nothing to him or the team, that's the whole point.
There was never an opportunity with an OT win. For Torts it was regulation or nothing regardless of anything else going on in the universe

Reactions: Greg02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Did you guys not watch the games? Philly was eliminated a good 4 or 5 minutes before Torts pulled the goalie. He gave away a chance to be spoiler, in winning the game in OT and denying the Caps a playoff berth.
Just finished listening to Marek on his Sportsnet podcast. He confirmed that the whole thing happened in one-minute span between 9:34 - 9:35. Your outrage is completely misplaced. There were scenarios in the past where one team got in over another, for example when its opponent would ice less than full lineup etc. Wings or Pens have no one to blame but themselves for putting themselves in this position. In case of Detroit (especially from the players perspective) if there’s anyone who they need to point fingers at is Yzerman himself, who did absolutely nothing at TDL when his team was actually solidly in control of their destiny and when they started spinning out of control to eventually led to this demise.

And let’s not forget that Caps had by far the most difficult schedule among these challengers for about a month leading to the end of the season.

Last edited:

RUNYR

Dec 24, 2020
Is there a reason why the season doesn’t end until tomorrow while teams already ended on Monday? Seems ridiculous to me. Schedule couldn’t fit the remaining 6 games tomorrow earlier?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 6.40.04 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad