Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Flyers
Caps and Flyers will be very interesting. Could see a goalie pulled in a tied game towards the end of the 3rd period. Flyers need the RW just to survive.

Caps win they are in, and the Rangers play the Caps, obviously.
Flyers sure went bad . The trades and the Captain sitting by Torts hurt short term . On the flip side...we never had to listen to Jones all year in the non MSG games....but then again we had PK .

Reactions: Captain Lindy

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Some Alumni news....Dugay and a couple of other Rangers- Deblois- playing a tour in Alaska and the Yukon this week . A friend of mine , Liam Maguire is with the team as an ambassador / MC type . He is quite the hockey guy ! If you ever get a chance to hear him talk hockey...DO IT !!!! You will walk away after saying WOW !!! ,Liam has been giving daily reports on Facebook . He said it was quite a thrill to ride in from airport with Ron and Sarah Palin ,his girlfriend, and to have drinks and stuff at the Palins .

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Some Alumni news....Dugay and a couple of other Rangers- Deblois- playing a tour in Alaska and the Yukon this week . A friend of mine , Liam Maguire is with the team as an ambassador / MC type . He is quite the hockey guy ! If you ever get a chance to hear him talk hockey...DO IT !!!! You will walk away after saying WOW !!! ,Liam has been giving daily reports on Facebook . He said it was quite a thrill to ride in from airport with Ron and Sarah Palin ,his girlfriend, and to have drinks and stuff at the Palins .
yeesh lol

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I should also add Liam Maguire is a HUGE fan of the Rempe hype across the league . He thinks it is great ...he figured the buzz and chatter are great for hockey . I tend to agree with him....hockey is best played with emotion and certainly much more enjoyable for the fans .

Reactions: Captain Lindy

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I should also add Liam Maguire is a HUGE fan of the Rempe hype across the league . He thinks it is great ...he figured the buzz and chatter are great for hockey . I tend to agree with him....hockey is best played with emotion and certainly much more enjoyable for the fans .
He’s one of Marinaro’s cronies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'm not upset by the top 3-4. Fox belongs above or equal to Dobson, Bouchard. Being below Doughty and, Heiskanen is laughable. Morrissey got disrespected too.
Dobson, Doughty, Hieskanen, Hedman, and Bouchard are disgraceful to be ranked above Fox.

Fox should be over Makar too tbh but hes got a lot of points. Hughes will win either way but some of these names are a joke. I guess these are the same blockheads who think Trouba is the Rangers #1 D

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
this. Sid scares the shit out of me.
i don't want to deal with Sid-influenced refs again.

Just give me the Caps or, ideally, the Red Wings. Wings can score, sure, but we beat them in high end talent and they are not good defensively, in goal, and they are soft. Definitely the easiest first round matchup we can get.

Reactions: FultonReed

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
i don't want to deal with Sid-influenced refs again.

Just give me the Caps or, ideally, the Red Wings. Wings can score, sure, but we beat them in high end talent and they are not good defensively, in goal, and they are soft. Definitely the easiest first round matchup we can get.
Sid is always scary. But we have Louis Domingue now so they don't stand a chance against us now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Caps are kind of the reverse Penguins.

Pens should have finished 3rd in the metro but are likely to miss out entirely.

Caps should probably be below the Devils but are likely to get in.

Give me Detroit. They suck but Washington isn’t a bad draw either.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I just hope for an entertaining playoffs.

The first round sets the bar high usually and then it just turns meh

Reactions: AirGut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad