Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
So who do we root for now? WSH or DET? If the Rangers clinch the #1 spot in the east, do we want WSH or DET in round 1? I hope NYI or NJD don't make it into WC2.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So who do we root for now? WSH or DET? If the Rangers clinch the #1 spot in the east, do we want WSH or DET in round 1? I hope NYI or NJD don't make it into WC2.
I think the ideal scenario would be the Caps passing Philly so that we get them in round one. They are an annoying team but they lack the high end talent and goaltending to win a playoff series.

Reactions: JRinNYC

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Right now Detroit looks like a bottom 5 team in the NHL. Now watch they will go and win the next 4 out of 5 games lol.
Lindgren (the other one) is by far the best goalie between wash/det/phil. Not even close.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Detroit I think is a more “outscore their problems” team right now which can be bad in the playoffs against a good team unless it all breaks their way. Just my impression though and I haven’t spent a ton of time watching them
Caps seem more classic “try to rely on some defense and goaltending and get some luck against better teams”
Detroit might be an easier out but both could be surprising I think

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Isles 1-0 lead called back then 30 seconds later Cats score. Now all we're missing is the cats exposing Horvat's receding hairline.

Nothing would be left of the city if Torts took over. Their owners are not honest enough with themselves and with the fans to embrace and empower Torts.
Gallant would likely be a better choice...at least he would get them heading in the right direction and easily into the playoffs . He would be a good 2-3 years guy for them and see where it goes ,

Reactions: Tob

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It’s Caps, Wings or Flyers. NYI or NJD with an outside chance.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Your dream come true.

They won’t be getting in though. They’ll shit the bed somewhere along the way and that’ll be it.
Go away, you don't even know. Id be doing back flips from Atlantic City all the way to East Rutherford celebrating the Gods gift to sport Jesper Bratt.

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
How are you going to score on this guy LMAO, he covers all the crease

I see Philly decided to go the GEICO way and got Duncan's slimmer brother, Ivan to play net.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 4.45.18 PM.png

"It's a walrus, ridiculous!"

Reactions: Synergy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad