Around the NHL - Part XLII - (2023-24 Season edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
No, I'm afraid you don't understand. Detroit already had a point playing in OT, which eliminated Philly, when Torts pulled his goalie in a tied game.
Didn't mean Philly would've just stopped playing. They went for the regulation win, like they should have. Was Torts going to tell his team to pack it in?

• Haha
Reactions: Boris Zubov

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
He had to pull the goalie because they needed a regulation win. The only argument is if he pulled him too early.
Did you guys not watch the games? Philly was eliminated a good 4 or 5 minutes before Torts pulled the goalie. He gave away a chance to be spoiler, in winning the game in OT and denying the Caps a playoff berth.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Did you guys not watch the games? Philly was eliminated a good 4 or 5 minutes before Torts pulled the goalie. He gave away a chance to be spoiler, in winning the game in OT and denying the Caps a playoff berth.
I thought it was a shorter window than that but whatever. We should win the first round if either Detroit or Washington is the opponent.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Didn't mean Philly would've just stopped playing. They went for the regulation win, like they should have. Was Torts going to tell his team to pack it in?
This is very unlike you with this stupid reply. No, what it meant was, they had a chance to win it in OT. The only reason for Torts to pull a goalie in a tied game, is if they still has a shot to make the playoffs, which they didn't. So they should have played the rest of the game, like any other game, and that is to win it,... in OT if necessary.

Last edited:

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
This is very unlike you with this stupid reply. No, what it meant was, they had a chance to win it in OT. The only reason for Torts to pull a goalie in a tied game, is if they still has a shot to make the playoffs, which they didn't. So they should have played this rest of the game, like any other game, and that is to win in OT if necessary.
I would not be surprised if torts wanted 0 info from the other game.

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I doubt Torts knew. He's a lot of things but f***ing other teams out of a spot isn't who he is.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone upstairs just wanted to f*** Pittsburgh out of a spot though lol. Sucks for the Wings but f*** the Pens.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I thought it was a shorter window than that but whatever. We should win the first round if either Detroit or Washington is the opponent.
Detroit is eliminated because Bonehead Torts gave the Caps an empty netter to make the playoffs.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Flyers clinch if they beat Washington in regulation and everyone else loses. It's crazy, I had to go down the list but with that RW those two teams time on RW, ROW, W, and even games won against each other. This game will be the tie breaker for that tie breaker. If the game is tied late in regulation, you could see the Flyers pull their goalie.
oh dang! it happened! Does this mean we are going to see a Rempe vs McIlrath matchup?

Reactions: gabevh3

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
LOL what?
1713320677602.png

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I would not be surprised if torts wanted 0 info from the other game.
This makes no sense either. What happened in the other game, dictated how they should approach this game. They through away a chance to win the game outright, due to incompetence.

And why are people still talking about the Pens. The Caps are in,.... thanks to Torts bonehead play. And it was a good 3, 4 or 5 minutes. All they had to do, is have someone watching the game in the booth, and tell Torts the minute Detroit scored with 3 seconds remaining.

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This makes no sense either. What happened in the other game, dictated how they should approach this game. They through away a chance to win the game outright, due to incompetence.
They were eliminated regardless. They knew they were on the outside looking in and needed a miracle. They didn't get it.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Unbelievable that not a single matchup is set in the West. Every game over next two nites is meaningful.

Not to get ahead of it in the East, but one could think it will be a Florida-Rangers divisional final, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad