Around the NHL - Part XLI - (Playoffs Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
This graphic is from TSN, look how good Vegas was at even strength. Vegas also did not have any skaters who were outscored at even strength during the playoffs. Not one.
e68QABg.png

Reactions: will1066

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
A few random thoughts and points:

-I'm curious if Vegas just was some crazy statistical outlier with pretty much every player going there and hitting their peak at the same time (Marchasault/Karlsson/Theodore/etc....I won't count Riley Smith who was a consistently a very good player already) or the desert and Nevada really is some low pressure tax free paradise where everyone can shine.....the opposite of NY, Toronto, etc. lol. We'll know within the next 2-3 years when some of their core is aging and then next wave of prospects come in.

-I've seen a lot of crying and jealousy on Twitter (it only took Vegas six years to win a Cup)....Rangers won a Cup their second year in the league bro.

-Did Aiden Hill unlock his peak potential and will he go back to an ok backup? Which goalies does Vegas go with?

-Howden winning a Cup isn't that offensive. Plenty of players from other organizations end up in the right place at the right time while solid citizens can go an entire career and never get to a Conference Final yet alone a Cup Final. It's cruel at times.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If the Rangers did that, Bettman would be having puppies while making all kinds of new rules to stop it.

Why? None of the owners seem to mind it, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

I'd also be interested to know how you 'fix' ot unless it's a blanket "we don't care who gets hurt, he cap is the cap, you can play with 12 players if you need too..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad