Around the NHL (Part XIV): Varlamov on IR , Berra now injured for Avs as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think the mascot should have thrown an Oilers jersey onto the ice. Now that'd be funny.

approval-people-clapping.gif

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Not the best early season schedule for the Hawks. Meanwhile it seems like the Bruins play every day.
Agreed. I can't believe we've only had 3 games and there's no game tonight. A 7:30 game vs the Preds at home tomorrow night should be fun though.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Thankfully Toronto has been playing a lot early to get me through Hawk-less days. Islanders as well. Next week or so we have games every other night though. That will be a treat

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
With how busy I've been with school, the Hawks games have actually worked out well with my schedule. Haven't checked the schedule, but I hope they play a decent amount of games during my fall break. That break will consist of some football, and lots of beverages and hockey. I love hockey season. It's has slowly become my favorite time of year, even surpassing football, which is amazing.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
With how busy I've been with school, the Hawks games have actually worked out well with my schedule. Haven't checked the schedule, but I hope they play a decent amount of games during my fall break. That break will consist of some football, and lots of beverages and hockey. I love hockey season. It's has slowly become my favorite time of year, even surpassing football, which is amazing.

Lucky I had 5 midterms last week in the span of 5 days, so I was looking forward to just relaxing this week and watching some hockey, but alas all I go was a game against Calgary.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The first two rounds of March Madness is all kinds of awesome, not going to lie. Kind of goes downhill from there.

Just something chaotically awesome about so many games going on at once and dashing back and forth between them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It appears Pirri is a healthy scratch again

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m2 minutes ago
Gallant says prob no lineup changes, meaning Thornton still out.Hayes on line with Barky-Jokinen. Boyes with MacKenzie-Kopy. #flapanthers

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It appears Pirri is a healthy scratch again

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 2m2 minutes ago
Gallant says prob no lineup changes, meaning Thornton still out.Hayes on line with Barky-Jokinen. Boyes with MacKenzie-Kopy. #flapanthers

There are Panthers fans/bloggers on Twitter running with the "#freepirri" hashtags now. It amuses me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Also, the Nucks consecutive sellout streak is going to end at 474. I'm not going to knock them for failing to sellout every game this season when their prices are so high and the team's so.... yeah. Can't shake a stick at a sellout streak that long, and especially with how messed up their last season was.

That being said, I gotta admit that I smirked when I saw that one of their major highlights featured on an infographic released by the team was "slaying the dragon."

Decade-long highlight list that includes a first round playoff victory over a heavy, heavy underdog. Adorable, really.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would have enjoyed the Hawks knocking out Nucks in 2011 as it would have blown the Nuck up most likely

But then who knows what happens in that case. Maybe Nucks don't trade away Schneider and are still good team which would suck

Also ,,, Yak to Columbus?

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline · 55m 55 minutes ago
RT @AdamScottDavis: @Aportzline any idea of the general framework to #CBJ #Oilers trade talks? / Jarmo has acknowledged making calls.

Jackets want a top 6 winger and Eakins seems to dislike Yak greatly

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Really? That's a no brainer, the Yotes loss. We **** the bed against them, that'll always leave you wondering, just as the fact that we blew a lead in the final game against the Kings last year will keep us wondering.

Nucks loss didn't really sting by comparison. Sure, stunk to see Vancouer advance for a change past us, but I've never been more proud after a loss than in 2011. Team obviously laid it all out there and was gassed by the time it was all said and done, to the point where there wasn't a doubt in my mind that we would've fizzled out quietly in the next round had we advanced due to spending all our energy and focus on them and being completely drained afterwards.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That would be interesting for the Jackets... a chance to land the player that the lottery prevented them from getting in the first place. Would have to know the details, though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That would be interesting for the Jackets... a chance to land the player that the lottery prevented them from getting in the first place. Would have to know the details, though.

Eberle is another guy who may be available

From all indications the rumors of Jackets/Oilers talking are true and the Jackets scouting director was in attendance at last Oiler game

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Would love to see Yak out of edmonton. Too much talent to be wasting away in that horrible organization. Can't imagine what Columbus would have to give up though. 2015 1st + Erixon maybe?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Loss to the Yotes was worse. I've never liked Smith, Torres, Tippet, or Arizona fans from that series on. Canucks fans were a little crazy and oblivious, but Arizona fans had (and still do) this arrogance to them that was infuriating. Quickly alleviated though when we lit them up the first time we played them (Game 2 of the lockout season?) and then won the cup :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad