Around The NHL: Part X – DAL-STL / COL-SJ / CBJ-BOS / CAR-NYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
And Vegas got a gift to put them up 2-0 on a clearly high stick goal. San Jose still won.

To complain about the call when you give up 4 goals in 4 mins look in the mirror. The tears from the Vegas org after the game is embarrassing.

Sharks got at least 2 penalties called against them just in that game that should NOT have been anything close to a penalty.

It's been happening to them all series, Vegas has gotten ALL of the breaks. Just like Tampa, they crumbled when things did not go their way. I feel absolutely zero sympathy for them

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still can’t believe what happend last night, or should I say earlier this morning? Was like only 6 hours ago *Yawn* Need to go back to bed.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Crazy ending for sure but that is such a brutal way to go out if you are Vegas. Brutal call, can’t believe the refs did that in a G7.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Crazy ending for sure but that is such a brutal way to go out if you are Vegas. Brutal call, can’t believe the refs did that in a G7.

Agreed, but you can’t collapse like they did even with the 5 minute major. They could have used a timeout or two during that onslaught to stall the momentum and regroup.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
Alllllllright boys, If Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, and Colorado advance to the Conference finals: Winnipeg's pick becomes 17th overall and the Rangers get a 3rd first round pick for the second straight year.

Know who I'm rooting for

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
And Vegas got a gift to put them up 2-0 on a clearly high stick goal. San Jose still won.

To complain about the call when you give up 4 goals in 4 mins look in the mirror. The tears from the Vegas org after the game is embarrassing.
I like Vegas. I HATE Cody Eakin. After decapitating Henrik Lundqvist he's my least favorite current NHL player. He's a coward. Deserved that penalty and deserves his lion's share of the blame for Vegas' collapse last night.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fleury fell apart he really did. He was rattled clear as day.

On another note I’m picking Dallas Colorado and the Blue Jackets to advance.

If Washington can beat Carolina (and who friggen knows) I’ll take Caps over isles.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Was a very bad call, but giving up 4 straight goals is also imploding. Galant should have called a time out after Couture scored and pointed to his bench or at latest after the 2nd goal. Would have slowed the game down, and let them regroup.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Alllllllright boys, If Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, and Colorado advance to the Conference finals: Winnipeg's pick becomes 17th overall and the Rangers get a 3rd first round pick for the second straight year.

Know who I'm rooting for
18th overall is the highest it can get.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Agreed, but you can’t collapse like they did even with the 5 minute major. They could have used a timeout or two during that onslaught to stall the momentum and regroup.

Gallant should have called timeout after the second goal, maybe even the first one. Because SJ was jacked and riding some high emotion after the injury. The NBCSN crew credited Gallant for being ballsy for not using the timeout, which was weird. I think Gallant was letting the players try to work themselves out, but they caved. Giving up one goal was inevitable. You can see the Shark players had fire coming out of all their orifices and would not be denied. But to not call timeout earlier, that was mistake. The Knights players desperately needed their coach to intervene and he didn't.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Fleury fell apart he really did. He was rattled clear as day.

On another note I’m picking Dallas Colorado and the Blue Jackets to advance.

If Washington can beat Carolina (and who friggen knows) I’ll take Caps over isles.
We need Carolina to go deep

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Refs: “ah, the playoffs are here, let’s not call anything because we don’t want to influence the outcome”

Fans: “wtf, you not calling anything is influencing the outcome!”

Refs: “fine, here’s a 5 minute major in the third period”

Reactions: TheDirtyH

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Well, not the result we wanted for our purposes but hats off to the Sharks for coming back from down 3-1. How Vegas was even ahead 3-0 in that game was beyond me because they were not the better team.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Only disappointed because we needed Vegas to win for draft pick purposes. Would have enjoyed that game much more otherwise.

But those refs deserved to not ref another game this postseason and possibly even fired. What an absolute horrendous call. Literally gift wrapped the Sharks the game.

Reactions: Mrpuck

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Awful call on Las Vegas.

But at the end of the day, you can't collapse like that. Period.

Maybe you give up a goal, maybe two. But you can't give up a goal every 1:15 seconds.

And that's on top of blowing a 3-1 series lead.

Not to mention the Goal that FLuery gives up in game 6 to let SJS even get that series back to home ice for a Game 7...

No sympathy for Vegas, this team was lucky as f***, I'm glad they regressed to the mean

Well, not the result we wanted for our purposes but hats off to the Sharks for coming back from down 3-1. How Vegas was even ahead 3-0 in that game was beyond me because they were not the better team.

Furthers my point. Shots were 10-3 in the first period, somehow they were up 1-0. WHen they scored their 2nd goal they had like 4 shots I believe.

Absolute lucky shits, they did not play that game to win

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Edge

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Refs: “ah, the playoffs are here, let’s not call anything because we don’t want to influence the outcome”

Fans: “wtf, you not calling anything is influencing the outcome!”

Refs: “fine, here’s a 5 minute major in the third period”

It's almost like the accurate answer is that "influencing the game" isn't part of the equation at all.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad