Around the NHL Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I've always hated the Kings jerseys. Probably because I think piping does not belong on hockey uniforms. The Sabres had some horrid uniforms too, with the same cheesy piping. An awful look, IMO.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Doughty is getting worked out there (albeit possibly injured). We're definitely spoiled with McDonaugh. Apperently doughty is still "much better" though :laugh:

and karlsson is a better defenseman, too.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I would never say that Karlsson is a better defenceman than Doughty. Karlsson coughs the puck up so much, even if he is a rare talent with puck handling and scoring talent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've always hated the Kings jerseys. Probably because I think piping does not belong on hockey uniforms. The Sabres had some horrid uniforms too, with the same cheesy piping. An awful look, IMO.

Is "piping" the vertical lines? If so they absolutely DESTROYED some of the best jerseys in the NHL in the Blues. The Blues jerseys are mediocre now. They added those damn lines and they're brutal. :rant:

If that's not what piping is forget this post.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Is "piping" the vertical lines? If so they absolutely DESTROYED some of the best jerseys in the NHL in the Blues. The Blues jerseys are mediocre now. They added those damn lines and they're brutal. :rant:

If that's not what piping is forget this post.

Yes, that is 'piping'. The stuff is like a pipe, just a small diameter circular fabric element that is sewn in for contrast. The white accents running up the Kings' jersey. It looks so low-rent, which seems to fit in with sports like basketball, but hockey should be better. Hopefully, taste prevails and it is relegated to ugly jerseys like what the Kings wear.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, that is 'piping'. The stuff is like a pipe, just a small diameter circular fabric element that is sewn in for contrast. The white accents running up the Kings' jersey. It looks so low-rent, which seems to fit in with sports like basketball, but hockey should be better. Hopefully, taste prevails and it is relegated to ugly jerseys like what the Kings wear.

The Blues went from top 2 jerseys in the NHL IMO to an atrocity. I think "low rent" is a great way to put it. I literally get sad what happened to those jerseys every time I watch that team play. Those jerseys from back in the day remind me of my early teenage years and are very nostalgic. They just ruined a piece of my childhood by destroying the Blues jersey. I started this on the main board.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I always felt like I was in the minority about it. Just think if NYR showed up with that look, I like to think everyone would march on MSG with torches and pitchforks :laugh:

Is there a reason for it? I don't know why a contrast is needed. NBA jerseys have always had it, but there's no reason why they have to copy those jerseys. NBA jerseys are mostly pretty lame to begin with. NHL jerseys used to be the best in sports.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
"The reward is you get more Mike Milbury"

Um, no Liam McHugh, that's not a reward.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's actually bad for the Rangers that Callahan had another no show in the playoffs. Less of a chance he gets resigned and we get that 2nd round pick.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I have the Sharks winning it all this year provided Niemi doesn't implode. They're absolutely dismantling a top 5 NHL defense and goalie in LA and Quick.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
It's actually bad for the Rangers that Callahan had another no show in the playoffs. Less of a chance he gets resigned and we get that 2nd round pick.

It's a matter of how the front office views two high draft picks as enough compensation for losing their franchise player.

Keeping Callahan makes sense, because he was great in the regular season for them. But Jesus Christ, who the hell will pay 6 million for a terrible playoff performer.

Buffalo will offer a ton. They could care less about the playoffs.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It could be 10 days before Montreal plays another hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad