Around The NHL - True Gritty(ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wow. Pretty sure this tournament is rarely televised on NHLN in US. The Ivan Hlinka, I mean. Exciting.
In Canada this year and every 2nd year to follow. I was going to attend this week but have a conflict.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Watching the Canada vs USA game from yesterday...like what Hatton is doing. Always has the puck. Very smart player, terrific at gaining the zone and great hands.
Agreed, but time and space is way smaller at the NHL level, so we'll see, he looks good though:)

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
The NFL Hall of Fame game and inductions always make me happy. That means that NFL Preseason starts soon, which means College Football starts soon, which means the NFL Regular season starts soon, which means that NHL Preseason starts soon, which means NHL Regular season starts soon, which means we get three solid months where the Coyotes have not yet been eliminated from playoff contention.

Go Yotes! Give us four months this year!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Watching the Canada vs USA game from yesterday...like what Hatton is doing. Always has the puck. Very smart player, terrific at gaining the zone and great hands.

More interested in how Hayton looked, but OK... :sarcasm:

Reactions: doaner

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This site is incredible. You getting hick-ups to? I mean, the pressure of fans reading it in the summer-time must be tremendous. :ha:.

Anyhow, you found any ice-time stats and so on?

Tried to make them talk about Hayton in a relevant thread yesterday, got some answers from them, starting here: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/148660125/

Seemed they were happy with him, even if they hadn't mentioned him at all. Hayton seems to be very much under the radar, even after drafted fifth, but the comments seemed OK.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Red Wings are now over the cap following the Larkin signing. Putting Franzen on LTIR helps them get under. But do they need to be under the cap before they can do that?

I'm thinking about their flexibility here and how we could possibly cash in on a Nyquist trade.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Plenty of belief he's going to play in London this season. Take some cash, get a few games, and develop in JR.

Reactions: Jakey53

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Red Wings are now over the cap following the Larkin signing. Putting Franzen on LTIR helps them get under. But do they need to be under the cap before they can do that?

I'm thinking about their flexibility here and how we could possibly cash in on a Nyquist trade.

No they don’t have to be under the cap beforehand. The LTIR rules allow a team to put a player on LTIR befor the start of the season to be cap compliant, which is what Detroit did with Franzen last season.

Usually teams are better off waiting until day 1 of the season to use LTIR vs doing at the end of training camp. But the math is complicated and taking the training camp LTIR route can be more beneficial.

Reactions: Mosby

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Now that Sekera is done like dinner, maybe we can steal some value for Chia by offering up Demers, KConn, or Oesterle depending on how our D shakes out in camp.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not interested in Lucic unless there is heavy retention. I'd hold on to our D, to be honest, especially until camp and seeing how it shakes out. But I'd also call and see how desperate Chia is to not waste another McDavid year. Might be able to extort a haul in futures for a guy like Goligoski or Demers. Or just good value for Oesterle or KConn who are looking to be on our third pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad