NHL Around the NHL IX - Islanders En Fuego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hmm, do they have any capable middle-aged (sports-wise) wingers who might be taken off their hands for the right price? Coyle worked out pretty well.

To answer my own question, having had a bit more of a look I don't think so, unfortunately. The available candidates at the Wild are either too expensive, not of the right calibre, or young enough that I can't see Minnesota being willing to part with them.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
To answer my own question, having had a bit more of a look I don't think so, unfortunately. The available candidates at the Wild are either too expensive, not of the right calibre, or young enough that I can't see Minnesota being willing to part with them.
Agree. Zucker is probably the only one that sort of fits the profile, but he’s a left shot and not on a contract that would fit.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agree. Zucker is probably the only one that sort of fits the profile, but he’s a left shot and not on a contract that would fit.

Yeah Zucker struck me as being the closest to what we're after. As you say, left shot is not ideal but otherwise his production is pretty good, he's the right age, has good pace and a shooter's mentality, and seems like a decent guy. But yeah his contract and the price would be a challenge for us, and he has a family that seems pretty settled in the Twin Cities. Although I was just reading that the Wild's previous GM was desperate to trade him out for some reason, but now that he's been fired that no longer seems to be on the agenda. Either way, definitely wouldn't turn him down as a potential Bruin, but he's not quite right for our particular RW need.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Watching Bruins Classic, vs LA Kings from 2003. Top line is Knuble Thornton Murray :laugh:
how about the game now. its bruins lightning for 2006. i just saw rob simpson interview somebody.
Man was this team bad. gotta feel bad for savard.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad