OT: Around the NHL: Ploffs - This is Outhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is this actually true mathematically? If we win out, we're in?
No…Caps had a game in hand and are still in front of us and Isles are 2 points with same # of games, so if they win out after tonight, they’ll be in over us

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I dont think thats right. Isles, Wings and Caps still have more points than the Pens with the same amount of games remaining.
We play the Isles tho. The only team that we don´t control is the Caps. And we are one point behind them with a better tiebreaker. We control our playoffs destiny now, coz we don´t have to leapfrog all of those teams !

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Do you guys have receipts of all the people that gave up earlier in the season? 😅😂

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Controlling their destiny is great news for the Pittsburgh Penguins. :laugh:

Honestly though, couldn't have asked for a better night if/when the Wings lose.
You know if we miss it's gonna be in the most painful way possible right? For me that would probably be losing the last game of the season vs the Isles in a win and in scenario. If this team misses, that'll be how they do it.

Really though our schedule is brutal so I'm not counting on us making it yet. But it's wild that this team actually has a real chance to do so now.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Exactly my thoughts. I started scoreboard watching like 10 minutes ago as the flyers collapse continued. I thought “gee if would be nice if the wings could lose in regulation” and BAM, Kreider scores. Then I thought “wow, don’t wanna get greedy, but it would be awesome if the caps could at least lose in OT, and then BAM, canes goal, followed by another with 100 seconds left.

Genuinely feel like we manifested that shit into happening. What the hell is going on? I guess the Pens still have to keep winning for it to mean anything. But watching some of these teams collapse is making up for a miserable few months :laugh:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
We play the Isles tho. The only team that we don´t control is the Caps. And we are one point behind them with a better tiebreaker. We control our playoffs destiny now, coz we don´t have to leapfrog all of those teams !
If the Penguins win out they have 93 points and will be ahead of the Red Wings and Islanders (because the Penguins winning out means those teams lost at least one game

The Caps play the Flyers too. If the Capitals win out and get 94 points that means the Flyers have at most 92 points. If the Flyer win out that means the Capitals have at most 93 points, but the Penguins have more Regulation and OT wins than the Capitals so they win the tie breaker.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Exactly my thoughts. I started scoreboard watching like 10 minutes ago as the flyers collapse continued. I thought “gee if would be nice if the wings could lose in regulation” and BAM, Kreider scores. Then I thought “wow, don’t wanna get greedy, but it would be awesome if the caps could at least lose in OT, and then BAM, canes goal, followed by another with 100 seconds left.

Genuinely feel like we manifested that shit into happening. What the hell is going on? I guess the Pens still have to keep winning for it to mean anything. But watching some of these teams collapse is making up for a miserable few months :laugh:
I legit bought a lotto ticket as soon as Aho scored.

• Haha
Reactions: Extra Texture

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If the Penguins win out they have 93 points and will be ahead of the Red Wings and Islanders (because the Penguins winning out means those teams lost at least one game

The Caps play the Flyers too. If the Capitals win out and get 94 points that means the Flyers have at most 92 points. If the Flyer win out that means the Capitals have at most 93 points, but the Penguins have more Regulation and OT wins than the Capitals so they win the tie breaker.
Yeah, gotcha, I am good at maths too :) That said, it´s too early to make these win out predictions. Nobody is gonna win out. It´s all about who sucks less. Our playoff chances must be around 40% after tonight.

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
Yeah, gotcha, I am good at maths too :) That said, it´s too early to make these win out predictions. Nobody is gonna win out. It´s all about who sucks less. Our playoff chances must be around 40% after tonight.
The thing is though you can win out and isles actually get 94 with an OtL to you but I don’t expect the isles to get that high because of the schedule we have

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You know if we miss it's gonna be in the most painful way possible right? For me that would probably be losing the last game of the season vs the Isles in a win and in scenario. If this team misses, that'll be how they do it.

Really though our schedule is brutal so I'm not counting on us making it yet. But it's wild that this team actually has a real chance to do so now.
Harkins is gonna play, and Sully's gonna put out his boys Carkins for the backbreaker goal against. Cannot f***ing waiiiiiiit. :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Do you guys have receipts of all the people that gave up earlier in the season? 😅😂
I think 99.9% of people gave up, but we still not in a playoff spot as of yet. I just wanted to be higher then 10th OA so we can give up our 2024 1st round pick over giving SJ a 2025 lottery pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad