Around the NHL: HOCKEY’S BACK BABY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Tkachuk, as usual, had his heart on his sleeve when he said that the season of 2023-24 took a piece out of him, personally.

“Honestly, this is probably the most difficult year I’ve had, to date, mentally,” Tkachuk said, speaking to reporters after meeting general manager Steve Staios for his exit meeting.

“We’re playing a sport for a living but there’s so much pride in our team that for things not to go well was tough for me mentally. There were some days that weren’t fun. Usually, every day in years past, it’s been fun to come to the rink, but there were moments this year when it was difficult to come in when things weren’t going so well.”

Is it just me, or does this give anyone else ROR locker clean out day vibes?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Immediately thought of that. But hey, he's a whiner, and ROR is a drunk, so who cares what they have to say :sarcasm:
With some conversations among both Sabres fans and at least one Sabres content creator/media personality (Bakes) talking about the idea of trying to trade for Brady this offseason, I do think it is really interesting both from the "Hey, maybe he could be available?!?!?!?!" to "Is he what this team needs really ?!?!?" points of view.

Regardless, the Brady and Chychrun stuff has me feeling better about where the Sabres are in comparison to the Senators.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
With some conversations among both Sabres fans and at least one Sabres content creator/media personality (Bakes) talking about the idea of trying to trade for Brady this offseason, I do think it is really interesting both from the "Hey, maybe he could be available?!?!?!?!" to "Is he what this team needs really ?!?!?" points of view.

Regardless, the Brady and Chychrun stuff has me feeling better about where the Sabres are in comparison to the Senators.
It's funny, I think Ottawa has the support-type players and the speed that I wish Buffalo had, that could fill in the holes we have. I also think Buffalo has the talent (especially in net) that Ottawa is missing to make them competitive. Combining the Buffalo-Ottawa Roster, they would have an absolute nightmare team to face against. Both teams I do think have a core of leadership that seems to be in a no man's land sort of space, and if both GMs focused on refining those spots and roles a little better, they both could be in better spots in the standings.

But yeah I would tend to agree with the places of both franchises are, where Buffalo has an ownership that doesn't seem to be present at all times, it's not at a toxic level that I could perceive Ottawa's ownership to be.

At the same time, things could change for either franchise in a blink of an eye.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's funny, I think Ottawa has the support-type players and the speed that I wish Buffalo had, that could fill in the holes we have. I also think Buffalo has the talent (especially in net) that Ottawa is missing to make them competitive. Combining the Buffalo-Ottawa Roster, they would have an absolute nightmare team to face against. Both teams I do think have a core of leadership that seems to be in a no man's land sort of space, and if both GMs focused on refining those spots and roles a little better, they both could be in better spots in the standings.

But yeah I would tend to agree with the places of both franchises are, where Buffalo has an ownership that doesn't seem to be present at all times, it's not at a toxic level that I could perceive Ottawa's ownership to be.

At the same time, things could change for either franchise in a blink of an eye.
Ottawa is dealing with the ownership transition and all that has entailed.

It is just interesting to compare and contrast the vibes coming from each team after they were in similar spots and they both had disappointing outcomes with their seasons and they enter the off season looking for new head coaches and answers on the roster.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Ottawa is dealing with the ownership transition and all that has entailed.

It is just interesting to compare and contrast the vibes coming from each team after they were in similar spots and they both had disappointing outcomes with their seasons and they enter the off season looking for new head coaches and answers on the roster.
It will be an interesting offseason for sure.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Being in PHX will make callups easier, AA Hub and Delta flys multiple times a day nonstop to SLC.
Good point. But it still seems like this move is doing damage to the development of hockey in Arizona. Which was the entire reason Bettman wanted a team there in the first place. Its also why he fought for years to keep them there.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reactions: oldgoalie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad