OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
f*** you Boston. Winning culture my ass
It's kind of funny because they've been an incredibly consistent regular season team, but they seem to choke a lot come playoff time despite their reputation as one of these "top tier" organizations. They're always included in discussions with the Pens, Lightning, and Blackhawks as the "best since the lockout" franchises, but in reality Boston doesn't have close to the playoff success of those other three team.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
It's kind of funny because they've been an incredibly consistent regular season team, but they seem to choke a lot come playoff time despite their reputation as one of these "top tier" organizations. They're always included in discussions with the Pens, Lightning, and Blackhawks as the "best since the lockout" franchises, but in reality Boston doesn't have close to the playoff success of those other three team.
They were one miracle run by Tim Thomas away from being the ultimate losers.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
let's get real the main reason the bruins had a great regular season was goal tending.
the only reason they made it as far as they did in the playoffs was, you guessed it, goal tending.

doesn't matter to much for us now as our core is gonna be to darn close to 40 next season. sure lightning can be caught in a bottle but we are a middle of the pack team now. It's why i was sooo pissed when Jarry single handedly lost that series against the islanders, and pissed that we just couldn't get a save against the Rags the next year. We have someone like Swayman in either of those runs I'm certain we get out of the first round, and pretty sure we'd make it out of the second as well. meh doesn't matter now. goal tending can't do it all for you, look at the bruins, but it covers up a lot of warts.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
That is the worst call I’ve ever seen, because the refs were too cowardly to make the right call. That’s it. Now they’ve f***ed the integrity of the series of Colorado wins

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Horseshit call. Duchene is not in the blue paint AND gets pushed in.
Dallas robbed.
I don't even know what's goalie interference at this point. Half the goals they disallow look like good goals, while half the goals they allow look like clear goalie interference.

Honestly, I don't think the REFEREES even really know what is or isn't goalie interference, so they just make a judgment call each time without any clear cut rule or standard to follow.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't even know what's goalie interference at this point. Half the goals they disallow look like good goals, while half the goals they allow look like clear goalie interference.

Honestly, I don't think the REFEREES even really know what is or isn't goalie interference, so they just make a judgment call each time without any clear cut rule or standard to follow.
I really don't like that they even commit to a call before review if they're not sure. That's dishonest, and it affects the call at the end a lot.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Alright got that series right. Looking good again except for the stupid Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad