OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
That should be pretty easy GI, which means it won't be.

Edit: I think I'm 100% wrong on GI. But I'm glad the Cats' goal counts.

Double Edit: Rule: If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Canucks look like the Pens holding a lead…they look like they’re about to blow it at any minute…so many icings…Oilers have possession like all third period lol

Oilers PP is so lethal...ours is so bad it pisses me off.

How?
How not is the question lol…they’re different in every way possible

Reactions: 66-30-33

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Oilers PP is so lethal...ours is so bad it pisses me off.

How?
Strength of personnel and PP coach. Desire, youth, speed of movement with the puck, deceptiveness, creativity, pushing towards the inside...
Look at the desire with the puck movement in like 2008 or w/e. Totally different level of urgency to now.

In terms of PP ability in the now:
Rakell < Hyman
Guentzel (when here) < RNH
Crosby < Draisaitl
Karlsson < McDavid
Malkin < Bouchard

Like do we do one single thing on the PP better than them? No.

Reactions: Andy99 and 66-30-33

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Sick of hearing every year how the Oilers don’t have depth. They have enough. There’s enough star power on that team too.

McDavid and Draisaitl have to make do with less. It’s really that simple. It’s not like Sid and Geno had all-stars as linemates every time they went on a deep run. You have to make guys like Kunitz , Talbot, Rust, Hornqvist, Dupuis, Sheary, and old-man Guerin work. You have to spread the wealth around the lineup a bit. That’s a part of being a generational player.

Having your two big dogs running around together, piling up points in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs is always going to be fun, but it’s not going to lead to a championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad