Around the NHL - Episode XLXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Stefan Noesen is having a pretty good season in the AHL. Is he a guy worth bringing back for depth? He had his development severely hampered by injuries, maybe he's finally "getting there"?

There was some Logan Brown talk towards the end of that thread. I have made a post about Logan in another thread so I will post it here in case, it's where it should be anyway. It was in response to a post that said "6 points and a -1 in 15 games for L Brown. What exactly is he establishing himself as ?"

Here is the post :

Maybe I should have worded it differently but I never said Logan was already established. I still think he will though. But you need to sign 1-way contracts to do that. We'll see what type of contract he'll get next season. He might have to go on a new team though but I have no idea about the Blues plans for their forward group. Only important forward who doesn't have a contract for next year is Perron.

I think it's important to note here is that the Blues have quite comfortably the DEEPEST forward group in the whole league... It's actually almost surprising that Brown is playing at all.

They already have 5 guys with 12 goals or more and that's not including any of David Perron, Brayden Schenn, Robert Thomas or Ryan O'Reilly. Let that sink in

Why am I saying all this? It's because that makes it hard to get some PP time or even TOI at all. He plays 11:58 per game on average, with only 0:56 PP TOI/GP (his strength)

What I have noticed is very good possession numbers, a 8.0 CF% rel despite a higher dZS% than oZS%

Advanced stats look good too, similar EV xGF/60 as a guy like Draisaitl, Landeskog, Hertl... Ranked 92nd among 494 forwards who played at least 100 ES mins. Ranked 158th for EV xGA/60 so it doesn't suggest that he is a liability defensively at all. One very important to me is high danger chances, his HDCF% ranks him 43rd in the whole league, that is pretty damn good as well.

And he is not being carried by great players, outside of RoR and Saad. For most of his TOI, he has played with the worst Blues forwards or who at least don't bring much offense if at all (Bozak, Kostin, Sundqvist, Joshua)

Logan Brown - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

Finally, have you watched some Blues games with Brown in the lineup? I have and he looked good considering the limited role, made relatively a lot of things happening

Usually, looking at basic stats only without any context isn't going to tell you the whole story, not even close. And by the way, 6 pts in 15 games is 33 pts per 82 GP, which is easily 3rd line numbers.

Last edited:

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Nobody see the billboard at San Jose. This new year, get rid of old junk with Karlson on it. Maybe if Alfie the owner this summer. We can bring him back for cheap

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Nobody see the billboard at San Jose. This new year, get rid of old junk with Karlson on it. Maybe if Alfie the owner this summer. We can bring him back for cheap

639724CD-828C-473C-8762-0B436CE4083F.jpeg

Reactions: Crosside

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Nhl games are on tv today starting at 1 pm Red Wings are in Buffalo. Martin Luther King Day.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Can we take a moment to appreciate that Ovechkin is currently leading the league in points and goals at 36 years old. I know Edmonton has some games to catchup but still, that's legend shit right there.

Not many players can keep this level of play past past 33, nevermind 36. There's no doubt in my mind he's the best goal scorer this league has ever seen and will likely ever see. Everyone knows the shot is coming but they just can't stop it. The way he plays too ... He's a train and he plays hard.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Those crazy yanks. Canada, in contrast, has never nicknamed an athlete after Jesus Christ.

I assume you are pointing out that we are not immune to it? I'm not well versed in Canadian sports culture, I did not grow up here and only really care about hockey.

If that is the case, I agree. I do think the US is next level with celebrity worship though.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I assume you are pointing out that we are not immune to it? I'm not well versed in Canadian sports culture, I did not grow up here and only really care about hockey.

If that is the case, I agree. I do think the US is next level with celebrity worship though.

Yeah I mean the whole Western world is pretty celebrity obsessed. Putting local athletes on advertisements is pretty tame haha.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Miss these kinds of passes

Ex Sens connect!

Also Timo is completely insane this season. Guy wants to get paid.

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Ovechkin is currently leading the league in points and goals at 36 years old. I know Edmonton has some games to catchup but still, that's legend shit right there.

Not many players can keep this level of play past past 33, nevermind 36. There's no doubt in my mind he's the best goal scorer this league has ever seen and will likely ever see. Everyone knows the shot is coming but they just can't stop it. The way he plays too ... He's a train and he plays hard.

He loses a lot of polls but to me Ovechkin is the most impressive player of all time (at the very least the best goal scorer! In a very hard and the most competitive era). Well, Mario Lemieux too was insanely good.

Ok amongst forwards because Dominik Hasek and Bobby Orr were damn impressive too.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

he has surpassed Crosby for me in my lifetime

Reactions: DJB and Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad