Around the NHL - Episode XLXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Something seems fishy over in Habs land. Seems rather convenient that a Price injury surfaced right before Seattle is set to pick their roster.

Step 1 . Expose Price
Step 2. Leak possible injury

Realistically we should not be surprised that he has a couple ailments after the SC run

Step 3 Doctors say he could miss up to 3 months into the season

Step 4 He is ready earlier than expected

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Step 1 . Expose Price
Step 2. Leak possible injury

Realistically we should not be surprised that he has a couple ailments after the SC run

Step 3 Doctors say he could miss up to 3 months into the season

Step 4 He is ready earlier than expected

Makes you wonder about the Shea Weber injury too. Gives them a freebie slot to protect another player knowing Seattle probably wants to avoid injured players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Makes you wonder about the Shea Weber injury too. Gives them a freebie slot to protect another player knowing Seattle probably wants to avoid injured players.
Both those players have battled injuries though.. this is not out of the blue weird.

R2010

May 23, 2011

Wonder if his bonus can be paid by insurance then from LTIR?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Something seems fishy over in Habs land. Seems rather convenient that a Price injury surfaced right before Seattle is set to pick their roster.

Shea Weber too. They are lining up to go like 18 M$ over the cap! Let's see if they can pull it off. Personally, I don't think you can do it as intentionally as people seem to think. Really depends on the nature of their injuries though, it's possible that it takes a while to recover from but a full season up until the playoffs? Not likely. Kucherov had a hip surgery and if it wasn't a rushed shortened season, he would have come back in Feb/March

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Danault have put his house on the market. Apparently, he search a contract 5.5 m for 5 years

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
The cost of going to the finals is that the players involved are going to be paid. If not by you then somewhere else. Other players get turned off by the pressure, and or criticism they face during the given run, and end up wanting to move on.

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
In the case of Carey Price…. knowing that the career of his buddy Weber is in jeopardy, maybe the time is right for a fresh start? Seattle would be a perfect fit for his family life etc. They’re probably the only team to be able to risk taking on the remainder of his deal. The reward being a strong marketing campaign around the player, and the possibility that he is still young enough to produce 1, or two more runs in the next 4-5 seasons. I still think he actually asked to be left available, but that’s just my opinion. I actually called it to my wife prior to the final even being played. I said you watch, a bunch of these guys are going to bail on the Habs after this run, starting with Price. He’s too much of a family man to not want to make things more comfortable for his wife and children. And one by one it’s looking like some of the Habs actually are looking to be moved. We all knew the lightning were going to start next season looking much different than they did during the final. What most weren’t expecting is that Montreal starts next season with more new players than even TB will.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I say they take Price and put him on LTIR and once he is back all is good 9r they flip him for assets.

If I was Seattle, I'd take Price either way...as long as it isn't a career-ending injury (and we know it isn't). He's a semi-local kid and a huge name in hockey...and his capt hit/salary really doesn't matter for the first couple of years of team existence anyways. Give fans a big name and legitimacy right away. Besides, Seattle is a really nice city to live in, as well. Won't be long til players actively look for trades to the Kraken.

Reactions: topshelf15

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The Kraken have a possible top two lines of Bailey - Duchene/RyJo - Tarasenko and McCann/Dadanov - Gourde/Palat/Killorn - JVR/Voracek

Like if they don’t win the cup I will be both shocked and disappointed.

And the defensive depth available is ridiculous. So many underrated guys. Soucy, Nuutivaara, Kukan, Jensen, Stechar, Pettersson. They’ll probably take Giordano. Going to be a good lineup.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
In the case of Carey Price…. knowing that the career of his buddy Weber is in jeopardy, maybe the time is right for a fresh start? Seattle would be a perfect fit for his family life etc. They’re probably the only team to be able to risk taking on the remainder of his deal. The reward being a strong marketing campaign around the player, and the possibility that he is still young enough to produce 1, or two more runs in the next 4-5 seasons. I still think he actually asked to be left available, but that’s just my opinion. I actually called it to my wife prior to the final even being played. I said you watch, a bunch of these guys are going to bail on the Habs after this run, starting with Price. He’s too much of a family man to not want to make things more comfortable for his wife and children. And one by one it’s looking like some of the Habs actually are looking to be moved. We all knew the lightning were going to start next season looking much different than they did during the final. What most weren’t expecting is that Montreal starts next season with more new players than even TB will.
There's been some cold water thrown on that idea lately i.e., Steve Simmons.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would love to see Price in Seattle. If any team can fit and build around his salary, its them. They could build a comparable team to this years Habs right off the bat, no problem.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
So the Habs are gonna stash Price and Weber until the playoffs and then load up TB Lightning style aren’t they

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad