Around the NHL Discussion - Part IX

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Keith would fit in well in the Federal League. Two genuine stick-swinging-to-the-head incidents on his resume. Such a thin skinned little *****.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Smart money is on him getting exactly 5 games. Or to put it another way, a 2 week unpaid vacation before the start of playoffs.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Smart money is on him getting exactly 5 games. Or to put it another way, a 2 week unpaid vacation before the start of playoffs.

Yeah, I don't see them giving him playoff games. He'll get a nice little rest and be fresh for the playoffs.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
This incident puts a huge amount of pressure on the league. Keith is not only a repeat offender, but he commited one of the most dangerous plays in hockey. Imagine if Keith's stick had hit Coyle in the eye instead of his nose. If the league is going to come down on any player, it has to be Keith after this play.

I'm hoping for 5 regular season games and 2 playoff games. If Keith misses at least 2 playoff games and the Blues are fully healthy at the end of the season, then I want the Hawks in the first round.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well know as soon as we find out what hearing it is. The guy is a wreckless punk. He JUST speared Johnny Gaudreau and I would assume damaged his ribs. He's a danger on the ice that uses his stick as a weapon

Last edited:

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Well know as soon as we find out what hearing it is. The guy is a wreckless punk. He JUST speared JD and I would assume damaged his ribs. He's a danger on the ice that uses his stick as a weapon

Who is JD? And did Keith get suspended for this spear?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think the League will avoid 5 games because of the attention that number would draw. 4 or 6.

Should be a lot more.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
I think the League will avoid 5 games because of the attention that number would draw. 4 or 6.

Should be a lot more.

What? lol. 5 games would draw more attention than 6? I think I see where you're getting at here, but what attention is the league afraid of getting at? Suspending a player for too long because he deliberately swung his stick at someone's face? The league shouldn't be afraid of anything except another offense like this and possibly a serious injury because it didn't send a firm message across the league by not suspending players like Keith for a sufficient number of games.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Really needs to be given 10 games or more.... it's just a vicious predatory action that could result in long term career ending injury. It wasn't a hit gone wrong, it's a premeditated action...something that could get Keith put in Jail in any other scenerio of life

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
What? lol. 5 games would draw more attention than 6? I think I see where you're getting at here, but what attention is the league afraid of getting at? Suspending a player for too long because he deliberately swung his stick at someone's face? The league shouldn't be afraid of anything except another offense like this and possibly a serious injury because it didn't send a firm message across the league by not suspending players like Keith for a sufficient number of games.

5 draws more attention because it seems like a fake punishment. They're giving him what seems like a high number of games, but everyone knows it's insignificant because he come back game 1 of the playoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

I stand by that. Suspend him for 5 games and the overwhelming perception will be it was chosen so that he wouldn't miss playoff games and it will be seen as toothless. The League cares more about perception than actually handing out meaningful suspensions.

I think that things like this should be looking at 20+ games. They, quite rightly, protect referees, but players should be offered the same protection for plays that have got nothing to do with hockey.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I stand by that. Suspend him for 5 games and the overwhelming perception will be it was chosen so that he wouldn't miss playoff games and it will be seen as toothless. The League cares more about perception than actually handing out meaningful suspensions.

I think that things like this should be looking at 20+ games. They, quite rightly, protect referees, but players should be offered the same protection for plays that have got nothing to do with hockey.

The sad thing is that the NHLPA will (once again) side with the offending player instead of the victim, and they will be all over this on Keith's behalf if he gets more than just a slap on the wrist. The irony (when it happens, and it will) is that the PA will be "defending his livelihood" at a time when he will only be docked pay for the first five games. Once the playoff start, no one is getting paid anymore so those games really won't hit him in his wallet. Even if they suspend him 10 games, he'll only miss getting paid for five.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well know as soon as we find out what hearing it is. The guy is a wreckless punk. He JUST speared Johnny Gaudreau and I would assume damaged his ribs. He's a danger on the ice that uses his stick as a weapon

Any idea what time that happened in game (period etc.)? I would like to see it, didnt find video about that.

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015

Ah, yeah.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nashville needs for get their head out of their ass....Hawks are spiraling out of control. Ship them off to California to be executed.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@Dbrownss I ment Johnny Gaudreau - Duncan Keith case. I assume it was game 26.3.2016, so couple days ago.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
@Dbrownss I ment Johnny Gaudreau - Duncan Keith case. I assume it was game 26.3.2016, so couple days ago.

Oh my bad, I'm not sure....saw it on the NHL network the other day. He hit him and JG immediately doubled over in pain and left the ice...while he had the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad