OT: Around the NHL: Big Mack Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
No offense but... gross. I'd rather watch grass grow than that era of the Kings.

You like winning right? I don't care how we win. Just do it. Get one for the other thumb.

I like different ways of doing things. I like the game enough to appreciate that style I guess is what I'm saying.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I haven't seen anything about Hedman being a prick, but yeah, Kuch is that shithead villain that's just arrogant as shit.

I know fans always wanna give their guys the benefit of the doubt but if I was a Bolts fan, I'd just be embarrassed by that display. :laugh: Reminds me of when Sid was a rookie and would lose his shit, only Kuch didn't get his new stick immediately, he didn't get a stick to the teeth.
Hedman's got that cockiness to him and also his board was the catalyst for Sid's Steckel concussion getting way worse so f him imo

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
You like winning right? I don't care how we win. Just do it. Get one for the other thumb.

I like different ways of doing things. I like the game enough to appreciate that style I guess is what I'm saying.

I like entertainment. I don't actually win anything when they do.

I've been a Penguins fan since the early 90s so high flying hockey with lots of action is simply in my DNA. I'm more than fine with that. Back when I played I thought chip n chase, grind-it-out hockey was boring af and frankly contrary to the whole spirit of the game. It's even worse to actually watch. But YMMV and all that.

It does tend to get results here and there. Though I'd argue less so in the salary cap era. So it's not like it isn't a valid way for some teams who feel they must to do things. It just absolutely isn't something I'd want to watch 80some times a year.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I like entertainment. I don't actually win anything when they do.

I've been a Penguins fan since the early 90s so high flying hockey with lots of action is simply in my DNA. I'm more than fine with that. Back when I played I thought chip n chase, grind-it-out hockey was boring af and frankly contrary to the whole spirit of the game. It's even worse to actually watch. But YMMV and all that.

Sorry, let me rephrase. Seeing your team win. Part of the entertainment is how great it is seeing that.

I'm the same as you (95 I got into it) but back then I also was intrigued with teams like the Devils and how they accomplished things without major superstars on offense and I guess the Kings are the modern version of it. You don't have to agree with me, or how I think.. I'm just saying.

If the Pens go that way though, are you done?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I like offensive hockey all day like the next person. But the thing I like about our sport is there is different strategies and style of play to win.

If I wanted all offense all the time I would just go watch basketball. At least hockey is more of a chess match.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I dunno. I see where you guys are coming from but an international superstar making millions of dollars who has already won the ultimate prize twice freaking out on some poor equipment manager, regardless of his error, has strong "spoiled rich asshole screaming at a waiter" vibes to me.
NHL equipment managers aren’t exactly serfs. I think he’ll be ok.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I know I shouldn't but man it's entertaining as F to see oilers fan melt down whenever Cale is called the best in the league

The Flyers passed on him. Funny cause isn't the story it was Hextalls pick but everyone else in their organization told him to go with Patrick?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hedman's got that cockiness to him and also his board was the catalyst for Sid's Steckel concussion getting way worse so f him imo
Forgot about the Hedman hit that drove Sid's head into the glass.

Always liked Hedman though. Pretty much embodies what a franchise pillar, #1 defenseman mold should be.

I think everybody's cocky to some degree. You kinda have to be in order to be a topflight guy in the best league on earth. Guys like Kuch, though, go from cocky to flat out arrogant to an unreal degree.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Conn Smythe votes

1656351428006.jpeg

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Ok so for fun let's say the Pens had Makar, Hedman and Vasielevsky as cornerstones of the franchise. It's almost like going opposite to what we are used to with cornerstones on offense.

If you have to put Hedman on 2nd pair its the equivalent of putting Malkin as a 2C. (Lets pretend Hedman is ok with that like Malkin was)

This a new era.. How would we do? How many cups? What type of offense would you build within the cap?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Forgot about the Hedman hit that drove Sid's head into the glass.

Always liked Hedman though. Pretty much embodies what a franchise pillar, #1 defenseman mold should be.

I think everybody's cocky to some degree. You kinda have to be in order to be a topflight guy in the best league on earth. Guys like Kuch, though, go from cocky to flat out arrogant to an unreal degree.
I like Hedman and Kucherov's games. They're excellent hockey players. Just find their personalities annoying.

But yeah however I feel about Hedman it's Kucherov who is the truly arrogant one. And he's also a dirty player too. I remember him boarding the shit out of one of the Devil's players in the playoffs a few years ago and not getting called for it.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I like Hedman and Kucherov's games. They're excellent hockey players. Just find their personalities annoying.

But yeah however I feel about Hedman it's Kucherov who is the truly arrogant one. And he's also a dirty player too. I remember him boarding the shit out of one of the Devil's players in the playoffs a few years ago and not getting called for it.
Yeah. I can get not liking Hedman, but Kucherov should be like, pretty universally disliked outside of Tampa. :laugh: Dude's a chud.

Think every big name player is dirty to some degree or another. Sid, Geno, Ovechkin of course, and even guys like MacKinnon, McDavid and Draisaitl have their moments. The only top flight guy I can't really think of as wandering into dirty/cheapshot territory is Matthews, and that's probably because I don't want him much. :laugh: I'm sure he's got his own accolades in that regard. Everybody does.

Kuch just seems like a piece of shit. /shrug :laugh:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'll start. I think on offense id focus on spending the cap on scoring wingers. Let center be our weak point but defensively responsible.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
If Kuch was on the Pens, i could care less how much a doosh as long as cups are on display.

I met Brian Gibbons once when he was wasted after a game with Wilkes...i don't hold it against...it was ****** hilarious

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t watch the post game much last night but they’re replaying it and during an interview with MacKinnon a teammate skates over to him and says “87” and they hug, and Kaplan asks what that means and he says that when his hotel room # was 87 he knew they were going to win because they “both love Sid.” Thought that was interesting. Like Sid is so revered that his # is a good luck charm even to opposing players.

Didn’t recognise the other player, maybe Newhook? Another maritimer. Obvious Sid influence in his style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad