Around the NHL: Aweston Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think it’s between Bossy and Mario as to who is the best pure goal scorer to have ever played the game. Don’t argue with me….my mind has been made up for years.

Rip Mr. Mike Bossy.

Reactions: td_ice

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think it’s between Bossy and Mario as to who is the best pure goal scorer to have ever played the game. Don’t argue with me….my mind has been made up for years.

Rip Mr. Mike Bossy.
It literally is those two. bossy is number one for goals per game and Mario is right there at 2.

Bossy was nuts to watch. He'd never be the best puck carrier but he found the spots And Trots just had to feed up a pass and that insane release always ended up in the back of the net more often than not.

It's crazy he went as low as he did in his draft year.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Considering all the scandals in the hockey world recently, does anything really surprise you about there still being almost an "old boys club" type mentality?
Habs hired a female exec and Mailloux is still a prospect.

The league is pretend woke to their own bullshit. Literally just PR stunts to fix things they have zero intentions to fix.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The last time a 60 goal guy missed out on the Hart was when Stamkos lost to Geno, iirc, so it's pretty rare for somebody to have the kinda season Matthews is having and not win--but I still think Shesterkin is the league's most valuable player this season. The Rangers are fighting tooth and nail to simply make the playoffs without that dude in net, imo.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hope Huberdeau wins artross and Matthews the rocket and MVP.

Huberdeau won't win the Art Ross. Florida actually distributes its ice time among all its forwards, especially in blowout games, so Huberdeau won't be able to "stat pad" as much on nights the Panthers are scoring a lot. In comparison, McDavid gets his 22+ minutes per night no matter what.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Huberdeau won't win the Art Ross. Florida actually distributes its ice time among all its forwards, especially in blowout games, so Huberdeau won't be able to "stat pad" as much on nights the Panthers are scoring a lot. In comparison, McDavid gets his 22+ minutes per night no matter what.

You must have missed their last game. Huberdeau and Forsling were both out there so long trying to get the hatty the Jets tried to fight them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We will see. He's 2 points out and has 2 games in hand.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We will see. He's 2 points out and has 2 games in hand.

Florida plays a shitty Detroit team tomorrow. If Huberdeau's not playing 21+ minutes tomorrow then I think it's clear Florida would rather roll their lines evenly so nobody's overplayed leading into the playoffs than worried about Huberdeau taking home the Art Ross.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad