Around The NHL #8 - A Skate On The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Larry Brooks is also floating the of Zibanejad and Lafreniere for Eichel. Curious trade idea. Who says no? I think Buffalo can get far better.

Zibanejad's performance crash is perplexing. Could be lingering covid-19 effects I suppose. Hard to explain otherwise. I agree though... Buffalo can do better.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The post-lockout Sabres were so fun to watch.

They had everything. A great offensive game led by Lindy Ruff. Briere and Drury was a helluva combo. Exciting albeit occasionally frustrating wingers like Vanek and Afinogenov. A promising 'next wave' that counted guys like Jason Pominville and Clarke MacArthur. Solid role players like Derek Roy and Ales Kotalik. A new-age D led by Brian Campbell and a wall in net in Ryan Miller.

Turn the page a decade later and now they are a few months away from tying the NHL record for the longest playoff drought.

What the f***.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wonder if Taylor Hall regrets not signing long term here last winter? How many millions will it cost him?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Is 1 goal worth more in Arizona?
If he had signed last year he probably has a deal long term at north of $8 million. Now combining his crappy year with covid Cap and he will be lucky to get either of a long term deal or salary starting with a 7.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
If he had signed last year he probably has a deal long term at north of $8 million. Now combining his crappy year with covid Cap and he will be lucky to get either of a long term deal or salary starting with a 7.

I like Hall, I just hate paying exorbitant UFA fees for someone who showed last season and certainly this season that he's not a difference maker. I'd rather spend money on Mathews when he becomes available

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

I think the only team that will give him a north of decent deal is Buffalo. They want to keep Eichel happy, and Hall may see that is his best opportunity to get paid. Oh well. Still, early in the season, he could turn it around.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like Hall, I just hate paying exorbitant UFA fees for someone who showed last season and certainly this season that he's not a difference maker. I'd rather spend money on Mathews when he becomes available
You are misreading my first post. I'm not trying or wanting to sign him, simply asking if he might regret not signing in AZ while here last season. I think it will cost him millions.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think BA has gotten really good bang for buck so far. I wouldn't go big on anybody. If there's a Pearson/Toffoli type hanging around $5m, sure, but not for long term.

The only FA the Coyotes should back a truck up for is Matthews. Draft everything else. Augment with value FAs where possible.

Reactions: Kaizen and SniperHF

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
You are misreading my first post. I'm not trying or wanting to sign him, simply asking if he might regret not signing in AZ while here last season. I think it will cost him millions.

You're correct...I did. Yes, he probably regrets not signing a long term deal for sure now I think, especially now that covid hit, I can't imagine anyone giving him more than $7M, but I think we only offered him 6x$6

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think BA has gotten really good bang for buck so far. I wouldn't go big on anybody. If there's a Pearson/Toffoli type hanging around $5m, sure, but not for long term.

The only FA the Coyotes should back a truck up for is Matthews. Draft everything else. Augment with value FAs where possible.

Absolutely agree for forwards. That's why I like Saad over Landeskog in free agency, or JVR three years ago. Not the absolute most desirable free agent, but can produce enough for the contract. Tatar is another good example of a Toffoli type. Fits in the top 6, can put good teams overboard, but doesn't sink anyone on their cap hit.

Defensemen are a little different due to the position being scarce and their longevity and less steep of a decline. I know Goligoski hasn't been perfect but I think he has been a net positive for the team, especially after moving Yandle who didn't cost us an asset to acquire. That's also why locking up guys like Oesterele or Murphy long term while they are still considered a top 4 tweener help. Pay a little extra for that guy who can pop into the top four long term so you don't have to constantly shuffle.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Wonder if Taylor Hall regrets not signing long term here last winter? How many millions will it cost him?
I am sure he does. There is risk in signing wingers to big deals, they play the least important position. There is risk for any player taking a 1 year deal versus a longer term deal at UFA. I like Hall but this will hurt his market value in terms of dollars and years in a huge way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad