Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I have no problem with Sherwood. He definitely has a motor that’s nonstop. That being said I think he’s easily replaceable with one of the guys in Milwaukee for next season.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
It sounds like I am in the minority, but I am not a Sherwood fan. Very lukewarm on him at best. I think he's one of the first players I would attempt to upgrade from Milwaukee.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It sounds like I am in the minority, but I am not a Sherwood fan. Very lukewarm on him at best. I think he's one of the first players I would attempt to upgrade from Milwaukee.
Sherwood is ok when you need to fill a roster spot cheaply. We have about 4 such guys right now at that 12-13th forward kind of level... and they've already committed 1-way contract extensions to McCarron, Jankowski, and Smith. With Tomasino and Afanaseyev needing waivers next year, Sherwood may be the odd man out. :dunno:

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Sherwood is ok when you need to fill a roster spot cheaply. We have about 4 such guys right now at that 12-13th forward kind of level... and they've already committed 1-way contract extensions to McCarron, Jankowski, and Smith. With Tomasino and Afanaseyev needing waivers next year, Sherwood may be the odd man out. :dunno:
The problem I have with this is that Toma doesn't play with a constant motor and will cost more to keep. Afany on the other hand we have not seen enough of and I would like to see him in the lineup. Glad I don't get to make those decisions. Get to be the GOAT or the goat!

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
The problem I have with this is that Toma doesn't play with a constant motor and will cost more to keep. Afany on the other hand we have not seen enough of and I would like to see him in the lineup. Glad I don't get to make those decisions. Get to be the GOAT or the goat!
Egor replaces Woody. Tomasino probably get traded. LeHruex and Parsnip, possibly Kemmel fighting for spots. Carrier gone, Fabs back with Josi. Molendyk, Schenn and Mc and Lazer Hit. MDG 7-8th .....Crap forgot about Stasney

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, we haven't seen enough of Afanaseyev (at least, not in a role that isn't just spare-parts minutes) and we haven't seen enough FROM Tomasino. But I think both of them have demonstrated enough upside at other levels, and we have the prospect/draft capital invested in them that we have to give them the spots regardless. They may subsequently not find their way into our final everyday lineup. But we owe it to ourselves to try. We never owe it to the player. But we owe it to ourselves for the investment - given that they have at least passed certain qualifying thresholds, even if not ALL final thresholds.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
In all the hustle and bustle of the playoffs, i failed to notice that Mark Stone was touched and healed for game 1 of the playoffs and got the 1st goal of the game. Fellow injury bros, eichel and hertl paying off big as well.

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In all the hustle and bustle of the playoffs, i failed to notice that Mark Stone was touched and healed for game 1 of the playoffs and got the 1st goal of the game. Fellow injury bros, eichel and hertl paying off big as well.
Like everyone in the league knows what they are doing, the fans all know what they are doing, but no one seems to think its a problem. Kind of odd too cause they nailed long term contracts to the wall, but this they are letting go and frankly I think its worse than the long term contracts.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The intermission on ESPN has been lame. PK has a great personality but he has not been showing it. Messier is an old war horse who should not be doing a hockey broadcast in any form or fashion. And Levy probably thinks this beneath him. It's just embarrassing.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
The intermission on ESPN has been lame. PK has a great personality but he has not been showing it. Messier is an old war horse who should not be doing a hockey broadcast in any form or fashion. And Levy probably thinks this beneath him. It's just embarrassing.
I think they're better than the TBS group though. Not a heavy lift obviously.

• Haha

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The Canucks used Predators hockey against us last night. They have the size to play at least as physical, if not moreso, and wear down our forwards. They are good the dot. They had the shot volume and forced us to block a ton of shots.

We have to take advantage of Demko out. The more Myers is out, the better for us.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I haven't looked but I imagine Dallas fans are pretty ticked. Go all season and win the division to end up playing a team that didn't even exist in its current form at no time during the season and came in WC2.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I haven't looked but I imagine Dallas fans are pretty ticked. Go all season and win the division to end up playing a team that didn't even exist in its current form at no time during the season and came in WC2.
Another thing that has to drive them crazy- in the last game of the year, the Blackhawks led LAK in the final 2 minutes- had they not blown that lead and won the game in regulation, Dallas would be playing the Kings right now.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I don’t mind the TBS guys, at least they played within this century. Bissonette is a goof no doubt, but he can talk intelligently about what is going on in the game. Anson Carter always has good insight. When Lundquist is on, he also able to break things down from a goalie perspective. And he is easy on the eyes, ;)

While I am irritated and jealous of Vegas’s success, I loathe Dallas and their fans. And I don’t want Suter to come any closer to the Cup than to see it in the HHOF.

Reactions: weeze

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I appreciate him mostly because he's a Predator from the Columbus area. Granted, it's New Albany, but nobody's perfect.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Like everyone in the league knows what they are doing, the fans all know what they are doing, but no one seems to think its a problem. Kind of odd too cause they nailed long term contracts to the wall, but this they are letting go and frankly I think its worse than the long term contracts.
I don't think I agree that this is worse than the huge 14 year type deals. Those deals to me provided bigger and easier to navigate cap flexibility and were also harder to pull off for small market teams which had a bigger effect on competitive balance.

Plenty has changed since then in terms of revenue and distribution so it's hard to make a 1:1 comparison, but a 15 year deal could nearly cut an AAV in half for a star player over an entire contract which to me has much more impact than this season-to-season cap jockeying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad