Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Now we get a chance to knock the pens out and keep wc1. Guess it will come down to whether they care about either.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
That eastern conf. WC race is pretty entertaining. Would be pretty dang fun to stomp out the Penguins hope of making the post season tomorrow. I hope the fellas are up for it.
best case is Predators lose in OT to Penguins and Washington and Lawn Guy Land win tonight and Washington win tomorrow also. Penguins get a 1st round pick if it’s top 10 and hurting their lottery chances.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looks like Caps control their destiny. And Pittsburgh will need both the Caps and Wings to lose and beat NYI, who have now clinched

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Damn. San Jose waited until Cooley gave up 8 goals to Edmonton before they pulled him.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Amazing sequence of events... Wings need a win, trail 4-3, score with 3 seconds remaining to briefly keep their hopes alive.

Almost simultaneously, the Flyers, tied at 1-1 but needing a regulation win over the Caps, pull their goalie with 3 minutes left, and Washington scores an ENG, screwing both Detroit and Pittsburgh in the process.

So Washington is in, Detroit, Philly and Pittsburgh all out. I'm guiltily enjoying a little schadenfruede

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Amazing sequence of events... Wings need a win, trail 4-3, score with 3 seconds remaining to briefly keep their hopes alive.

Almost simultaneously, the Flyers, tied at 1-1 but needing a regulation win over the Caps, pull their goalie with 3 minutes left, and Washington scores an ENG, screwing both Detroit and Pittsburgh in the process.

So Washington is in, Detroit, Philly and Pittsburgh all out. I'm guiltily enjoying a little schadenfruede
What’s crazy about it is when Philly pulled their goalie they were already eliminated after Detroit got the point with the late goal- but it all happened so close together. They really didn’t need to pull goalie and that would have even increased the drama had both games gone to OT

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

That's about as an enjoyable long time Preds fan screw you as you will ever find.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Now Pittsburgh needs to win their last game to make sure they get the worst draft pick they can possibly get

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Capitals making the playoffs is still just completely fascinating. Minus 37 goal differential, but in their past 11 games they went 4-5-2. And in those 11 games they scored a total of 22 goals. In 10 of the 11 games they scored 2 or fewer goals. And still won 4 of them

Crazy

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Arizona is dead (for now)

Long live Utah
The caveat to return a franchise to Arizona reads like "when pigs fly". I mean the whole reason the Coyotes are Mayflowering to Utah is they could never ever figure out their stadium.

PS: Anyway, looking forward to the new Utah Hip Hop.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad