Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Im interested in what the name the team. Ive seen some bad ones, but a few got my interest. Stingers, Hive, Frostbite, Snowcats, Yetis... Although I think they will likely go with the Golden Eagles after talking to some people in utah

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm going to straight up murder someone if it's the Yeti. Kraken was already bad enough, but the effin' abominable snowman has NOTHING to do with Utah, let alone the US. Unless they're already planning for an eventual relocation to Katmandu.
I believe there are no Penguins in Pennsylvania, and no Kings ever in history in California or even NA, if I'm not missing something :laugh:

@Rybread86 Golden Eagles would be bad bc of the name length AND Golden Knights name similarity

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I believe there are no Penguins in Pennsylvania, and no Kings ever in history in California or even NA, if I'm not missing something :laugh:

@Rybread86 Golden Eagles would be bad bc of the name length AND Golden Knights name similarity

Oh I agree. I dont like Golden anything. I still think its a dumb name for Vegas. But Utah has history with the Golden Eagles and hockey. I hope they go with something else, but Ive heard Golden Eagles now from Utah residents and reporters as a top suggestion.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

3 way trade lol:
Dallas Stars become Dallas Rangers because there actually is Texas Rangers in Dallas.
New York Rangers become New York Kings (King of England once ruled over it).
Los Angeles Kings become Los Angeles Stars - since well they got all that hollywood stars walk of fame.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Salt Lake City Yetis!!!! Just because.

Salt Lake CIty Outlaws?

SLC Hives?

SLC Seagulls? Weirdly enough it is the state bird of Utah.

I do hope they go away from the Coyotes. Leave that name in Phoenix.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I'm going to straight up murder someone if it's the Yeti. Kraken was already bad enough, but the effin' abominable snowman has NOTHING to do with Utah, let alone the US. Unless they're already planning for an eventual relocation to Katmandu.
Don't look up the Jazz's origin.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Oh I agree. I dont like Golden anything. I still think its a dumb name for Vegas. But Utah has history with the Golden Eagles and hockey. I hope they go with something else, but Ive heard Golden Eagles now from Utah residents and reporters as a top suggestion.

iirc, Vegas had to add "Golden" b/c the OHL's London Knights prevented a Vegas Knights moniker.

Reactions: Rybread86

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Salt Lake City Yetis!!!! Just because.

Salt Lake CIty Outlaws?

SLC Hives?

SLC Seagulls? Weirdly enough it is the state bird of Utah.

I do hope they go away from the Coyotes. Leave that name in Phoenix.
Salt Lake Miners ? Cause of the Salt Mines. When they are getting rowdy their PBP guy will say 'The Miners are getting Salty eh'

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
iirc, Vegas had to add "Golden" b/c the OHL's London Knights prevented a Vegas Knights moniker.

Which was weird too because I think the owners other businesses are named "Black Knight"... but I remember there being issues around that too

Sure, we can add them to the soon-to-be Arizona Shingles and Atlanta Bunions.

Wrong hives lol

It is the beehive state.

"And the Hives defense is swarming right now!"

I could see Stingers working too.

oooo Murder Hornets!

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It's been confirmed by Ryan Smith that the team is going to be called Utah ???s rather than SLC anything. So proceed with that as the basis of your guesses.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Utah has had other hockey teams, Golden Eagles, Grizzlies. Known as the Beehive state. Lots of snow and known for its skiing. Lots to play with.

The Utah...
Stingers
Hive
Lumberjacks (Jacks)
Ice Dogs
Bighorns
Double Blacks (Double black Diamond ski slopes - expert only)
Cutthroats (State fish, cutthroat trout)
Quakes (State tree, quaking aspen)

(Yes, Im bored)

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Hmm.

1713473882852.jpeg

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
It was tough watching the end of the Yotes game last night. So many sad faces and tears on the faces of their fans.

I am excited for hockey in Utah, however. SLC is within striking distance for me being in Idaho.

Reactions: Rybread86

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I believe those are just preliminary ideas they've reserved. They're going down the Kraken route of asking local fans for suggestions and charting their opinions on possible names and branding ideas. If the locals say those names suck, they'll probably end up picking something else.

Blizzard would work, though, honestly. Pairs well with the Avalanche already being another Rockies team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad