Around the NHL 2023-2024

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
New GM, same old leafs who refuse to address their defense and goaltending concerns

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
The fact they got Bertuzzi on a 1 year deal is a huge win in my book. Clueless why he wouldnt lock in his future somewhere, and secure the bag.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
357685686_818890132936459_8614963912128627617_n.jpg

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
according to bertuzzi's agent, toronto was the only one offering such a high salary.

per toronto, they thought they were being outbid even at $5.5m.

Seems like both could be true. Toronto thought a non-contender outbid them, probably true, Bertuzzi wanted to be on a contender though.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Detroit placed Zadina on waivers. Haven’t been playing close enough attention to have seen that his star has fallen down to that level.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Detroit placed Zadina on waivers. Haven’t been playing close enough attention to have seen that his star has fallen down to that level.
I can’t believe he’s already old enough for waivers. Feels like he was just drafted. I don’t really watch Wings games, but his stats don’t really jump off the page and Detroit has had plenty of room in their forward group recently and he hasn’t found a way to carve out a spot. Wouldn’t be shocked if Chicago or Montreal placed a claim on him as a reclamation project, but most teams don’t have 1.8M in cap space for a lottery ticket. Little surprised he couldn’t fetch a late pick in trade, but I guess cap space is really THAT valuable right now.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

He was hurt a lot of last year. I am not really sure what his issue is. As an ignorant opinion, I hope the Blues take a flyer on him based on his pre-draft potential. We can make it fit with some creative cap. Let him fight with Blias and Neighbours for 3rd line wing.

I doubt he'll get by Chicago and arizona to get to us though.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Ohhhh....another Vrana like situation in Detroit

That being said, I've been impressed with what Detroit is doing in it's rebuild.

We blew our available funds on Hayes...even though he's 50% paid for by Philly.

Would have preferred ROR.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I can’t believe he’s already old enough for waivers. Feels like he was just drafted. I don’t really watch Wings games, but his stats don’t really jump off the page and Detroit has had plenty of room in their forward group recently and he hasn’t found a way to carve out a spot. Wouldn’t be shocked if Chicago or Montreal placed a claim on him as a reclamation project, but most teams don’t have 1.8M in cap space for a lottery ticket. Little surprised he couldn’t fetch a late pick in trade, but I guess cap space is really THAT valuable right now.
He apparently asked for a trade. Wings tried to move him but no takers. He hasn’t been good enough to warrant top 6 spot and doesn’t have game for bottom 6. And with 2 years at AAV of 1.825 remaining I doubt he gets claimed.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
according to bertuzzi's agent, toronto was the only one offering such a high salary.

per toronto, they thought they were being outbid even at $5.5m.

The cap crunch seems to be extra crunchy this year. The few contenders that do have cap space are still limited to 1-2 big additions and teams with cap space can basically grab all the leftovers they want for assets. But even bad teams have limited roster space and retention slots.

Within that context, maybe ROR to Nashville makes more sense as I bet he wasn't getting any other offers that good. Gotta wonder what Tarasenko is gonna do as I doubt there are many teams willing and able to pay him what he would get under normal circumstances. Would he go back to Russia instead of taking a below market value 1 year deal here? Doubtful but he's in a tough spot right now as perhaps the biggest name still unsigned.

Reactions: tomin and mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This will be interesting, as we've seen the value of cap space is at a premium right now so a $6.4M contract for Gibson may be tough to move.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Feels like Buffalo is going to send UPL out in a deal for either Gibson or Hellebuyck. That team finally looks like they’re ready to win.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Feels like Buffalo is going to send UPL out in a deal for either Gibson or Hellebuyck. That team finally looks like they’re ready to win.

The only trade I want to see happen aside from getting a #1 LD is ketting Krebs from Buffalo. Neighbors/Krebs/Blais were so good together in the worlds. I know we're prolly not even considering it but I would like it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This will be interesting, as we've seen the value of cap space is at a premium right now so a $6.4M contract for Gibson may be tough to move.

Who would swap Binnington for Gibson straight up? How about if Anaheim retains $400k to make the salary even? They both have 4 years left.

Neither has been good but neither have played in front of good teams. I'd personally make the swap, just because I think Gibson is better if we ever have a good defense. And if I'm wrong, at least I won't have to se Binnington throw another tantrum like a 2-year old who lost his binky.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad