Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
The love-child of Eddie Munster?

133WOTY.jpg

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I generally find body-conforming mascot costumes to be weird unless the head is smaller, which is usually a good idea if you intend to have a really athletic performer. But if you aren't going that way, give me the Fredbird/Gritty/Phanatic costume type. It's so much more fun and expressive.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Why couldn't they have done a kraken caricature for a mascot, or, failing that, a squid? A troll doesn't make sense. I mean, I think the Kraken is definitely a creative name, but I'm not digging the mascot.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Why couldn't they have done a kraken caricature for a mascot, or, failing that, a squid? A troll doesn't make sense. I mean, I think the Kraken is definitely a creative name, but I'm not digging the mascot.
My brother and I keep laughing about this. Our uncle works at Climate Pledge Arena and he’s oddly obsessed with the Freemont Troll. The first time I ever visited him in Seattle, he kept talking for 4 days about this damn troll before I finally agreed to go see it with him (spoiler alert: it’s some concrete under and underpass). So in our minds, we’d like to think this catastrophe of a mascot is somehow his fault.

It makes very little sense and was poorly executed. I realize a Kraken is a mythical creature but it’s pretty well established what it looks like. And I’ll also admit it’d be somewhat hard to pull off a humanoid looking mascot when the animal in question has 8 tentacles and not 2 legs but…this troll is just bad. It’d be like the brain trust of the Cardinals back in the day getting together to come up with a mascot and saying, “uh…how about a fox?”

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

I was kind of hoping that by naming the team the Kraken that an actual Kraken would just destroy Seattle at some point. The thought of him rampaging through Starbucks headquarters gives me warm fuzzies.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I was kind of hoping that by naming the team the Kraken that an actual Kraken would just destroy Seattle at some point. The thought of him rampaging through Starbucks headquarters gives me warm fuzzies.
maybe the Kraken can obliterate the Seahawks and eliminate the ugliest color scheme for jerseys of all time

Mohko

Sep 25, 2021
Kauniainen, Finland
Jason Robertson signs for four years, $31 million (AAV $7.75 million)

Sounds perfect to me - willing to risk where he'll be at age 27.

Not a big fan of the eight-year contracts the Blues gave to Thomas, Kyrou but the Blues decided it's a good gamble. We'll see.
Robertson will sign easily +10M on his next contract. He has it all to be an elite player. This seems to be the same kind of contract that MT signed with Calgary. The QO is 9.3M at the end of the contract.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Jason Robertson signs for four years, $31 million (AAV $7.75 million)

Sounds perfect to me - willing to risk where he'll be at age 27.

Not a big fan of the eight-year contracts the Blues gave to Thomas, Kyrou but the Blues decided it's a good gamble. We'll see.
The probably with the 4 year deal and the NHL anticipating a big cap increase starting in 2024-2025, Robertson is going to be due a monster deal if he continues what he's doing. And if it doesn't work out in Dallas, this could be a Tkachuk situation for them where they'll have to trade him at the end.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Less short-term risk on Dallas’ part if for some reason Robertson busts…but the most likely result is they’re either going to have to pay out the nose in 4 years or lose him like Calgary did with MT.

If I was a Dallas fan, I would MUCH prefer Robertson had signed the Thomas/Kyrou deal than the 4 year deal he did.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
My brother and I keep laughing about this. Our uncle works at Climate Pledge Arena and he’s oddly obsessed with the Freemont Troll. The first time I ever visited him in Seattle, he kept talking for 4 days about this damn troll before I finally agreed to go see it with him (spoiler alert: it’s some concrete under and underpass). So in our minds, we’d like to think this catastrophe of a mascot is somehow his fault.

It makes very little sense and was poorly executed. I realize a Kraken is a mythical creature but it’s pretty well established what it looks like. And I’ll also admit it’d be somewhat hard to pull off a humanoid looking mascot when the animal in question has 8 tentacles and not 2 legs but…this troll is just bad. It’d be like the brain trust of the Cardinals back in the day getting together to come up with a mascot and saying, “uh…how about a fox?”

Worse than that, it's hostile anti-homeless architecture

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Robertson will sign easily +10M on his next contract. He has it all to be an elite player. This seems to be the same kind of contract that MT signed with Calgary. The QO is 9.3M at the end of the contract.
He doesn't need to improve at all in order to get $10M+ on his next deal. His current skill level and production with arbitration rights and a cap in the $90M+ range would easily top $10M. If he continues to be a 40 goal guy through this contract he is likely looking at an AAV starting with a 12 or 13.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Less short-term risk on Dallas’ part if for some reason Robertson busts…but the most likely result is they’re either going to have to pay out the nose in 4 years or lose him like Calgary did with MT.

If I was a Dallas fan, I would MUCH prefer Robertson had signed the Thomas/Kyrou deal than the 4 year deal he did.

Kinda surprised about the AAV and term on this contract after Toronto fans were insisting the only possible contract structure for a young superstar in this league was 5-6 years for 10-11 M AAV. After 4 years, Robertson is still an RFA (unlike Marner and Matthews). Bridge deals work.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Kinda surprised about the AAV and term on this contract after Toronto fans were insisting the only possible contract structure for a young superstar in this league was 5-6 years for 10-11 M AAV. After 4 years, Robertson is still an RFA (unlike Marner and Matthews). Bridge deals work.

The only time bridge deals don't work is with shit GM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad